Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship Week Discussion

Well, all kind of news are coming out of VSU this morning. Saw where Ivory Durham has just set a new single season offensive record for VSU.
    With one more game to go, HJ has 4,234 yards ( 3267 yards passing and 967 yards rushing). The previous record holder was Lance Funderburk with 4,167 yards in 1996 - Coach Goff's former teammate.

Amazing!

#GoBlazers

#BlazerNation

Weather Channel is predicting thunderstorms Thursday and Friday with showers on Saturday. Everybody pack their rain gear.

We've already had a rain game - the Albany St. game. Lightning delay pushed the game back to 9pm and the game was pretty much played in a downpour.

#BlazerNation

Comment

I hope Durham is healthy. It will take the Blazers clicking on all cylinders to beat the Bulldogs.
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I agree. They look formidable. They like to run over the defense-power football.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
          I hope Durham is healthy. It will take the Blazers clicking on all cylinders to beat the Bulldogs.
          I believe they will need a healthy Brian Saunds as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

Coach said on his show that they could have played Buzz , but wanted to save him. Another few days of rehab doesn't hurt. Poetic justice that he caught the onside kick.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Coach said on his show that they could have played Buzz , but wanted to save him. Another few days of rehab doesn't hurt. Poetic justice that he caught the onside kick.
              I like that call... it also give a couple of guys on the team a chance to step up in a big situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

Definitely need both Durham and Saunds in NC.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerCat1999 View Post

I like that call... it also give a couple of guys on the team a chance to step up in a big situation.
                  Yes, indeed.
                  So proud of this team. They worked hard last year during the pandemic with the new S&C coach and it is paying off. Many could have transferred and moved on, but decided to stay to try to do something special this year.
                  You just gotta love this team!

#BlazerNation

Comment

I keep reading this is a revenge game for Ferris state which I am sure it is. Why would it not be?

I can only imagine the hype talk from Ferris players who played in the 2018 NC game. Ferris is clearly on a mission this year but so is Valdosta.

VSU saw a 2 season run, unmatched by any other VSU team, end in the final seconds of a playoff game that was theirs to win. 2019 was the best chance at back to back NCs. Then of courses the craziness of 2020. VSU has been thinking about one thing that whole time... Making up for that 2019 loss.

Stats wise Valdosta and Ferris are pretty evenly matched but that is on paper. Ferris coming in undefeated , #1 in country and off an impressive 55-7 semifinals win. #2 Valdosta has that one loss, some dominating wins and a couple of close games under their belt.

I have been harping on penalties but Ferris seem to like pretty yellow flags also. And without a doubt there will be turnovers. This game will come down to clock management! The team with the ball last will win.

I love my Blazers but clock management and the ability to create long scoring drives seems to be a slight weakness.

Look at the 2018 NC vs Ferris, the 2019 2nd round vs UWF and this year's semifinal vs CSM. Even though VSU won 2 of 3, those two were almost luck. VSU scored 0 points in the 4th last Saturday, in 2019 VSU give UWF the ball back with 2:06 on the clock while only leading by 4, and in 2018 VSU scored only 7 in the 4th then give FSU time to drive in last minute of the game.

I love VSU's ability to score quick but as the game slows in the 4th they have to put together drives that eat up clock and put points on the board. If I was defensive player I would be upset if my offense put me in a position where the win was on me. Especially when the offense is only on the field for 2 mins at most. Lol

Alot of random thoughts in this post! The biggest thing here is clock management. I would like to see how others view it.

Do you see clock management in the 2nd half as a problem for VSU?

Comment

I agree give the defense some time to rest. We have the offense to do what Coloroda Mines did, even better. The other team can't score if they don't have the ball. If we put our defense on the field all night against Ferris, it won't be pretty I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                        Weather Channel is predicting thunderstorms Thursday and Friday with showers on Saturday. Everybody pack their rain gear.

We've already had a rain game - the Albany St. game. Lightning delay pushed the game back to 9pm and the game was pretty much played in a downpour.
                        The rain should be done by Saturday morning. Expect temps in low 40s and dropping by kickoff.

Comment

Congratulations to VSU. Do the Gulf South proud. Best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

The rain should be done by Saturday morning. Expect temps in low 40s and dropping by kickoff.

Comment

Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-13-2021, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X