Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSU hiring coaches!

Footballscoop (Unofficial) is reporting the following:

Valdosta State (D-II - GA): Brandon Andersen has joined the staff as defensive coordinator. Andersen spent the last few seasons with new Valdosta State head coach Tremaine Jackson at Colorado Mesa (D-II).

Valdosta State (D-II - GA): Rick Bowie, who has spent the last three seasons at Houston as an offensive graduate assistant, has joined the Valdosta State staff as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Bowie also previously served as a graduate assistant on the West Virginia staff.

Valdosta State (D-II - GA): Taylor Richards has joined the staff as defensive backs coach and BJ Farrell has left the Sioux Falls staff to join the Valdosta State staff as receivers coach.

Valdosta State (D-II - GA): Trent Earley is joining the staff as assistant head coach/defensive line coach, source tells FootballScoop. He joins new head coach Tremaine Jackson from Colorado Mesa.

Comment

Comment

Rick Bowie spent 3 years with Houston's HC Dana Holgorsen. Dana was a VSU assistant coach in the 1990's. So a VSU connection there.....

If I'm not mistaken, Dana coached Chris Hatcher when he was a QB here.

Rick Bowie: https://uhcougars.com/sports/footbal...IwLpnqGie9X_g8

#BlazerNation

Comment

There is another hire: BJ Farrell from the University of Sioux Falls. Receivers coach.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Just a guess on my part but I'm assuming he wanted to bring in someone familiar with the current offense and terminology. I'm not sure what offense he ran at Mesa.

Comment

Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 01-19-2022, 07:53 PM.

Comment

I think so too. Excited to see what they will do!!! Is it August, yet??????

#BlazerNation

Comment

This all sounds good, but where we need improvement is on our defense.
                  <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                    This all sounds good, but where we need improvement is on our defense.
                    TJ was the DC at Sioux Falls (NSIC) when they were making PO runs under Jed Stugart, those were some quality PO-caliber Ds. Mesa this past year was a pretty good D, it was a big reason why they went 9-2. I mention all that to say this... Jackson knows how to coach D and he will certainly have a better time recruiting top defensive talent to Valdosta than to places like Mesa or Sioux Falls. I suspect he will have VSU's D righted within 2 years--if it even takes that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post

I suspect he will have VSU's D righted within 2 years--if it even takes that long.

Comment

Yep. I've seen some player invites on Twitter. Most all were defense.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Any news from the portal?

Comment

Originally posted by Blazernerd04 View Post
                            Any news from the portal?
                            Haven't seen anything.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Sounds Like Some Great Hires! Go Blazers

Comment

Ad3