Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
    When I was doing my grad work at UM, it was focused on arts (which I loved) and not athletics. That has changed a bit but not enough to support football.

The GSC should look to D3 and NAIA schools in the region that have football like Faulkner, Huntingdon, Reinhardt, LaGrange, Point, Belhaven, etc.
    Would not such a move for those schools be the equivalent of a D-II moving to FCS? They would be going from non-scholarship to scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Would not such a move for those schools be the equivalent of a D-II moving to FCS? They would be going from non-scholarship to scholarship.
      NAIA teams offer scholarships.
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

What about someone like North Georgia?

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
          What about someone like North Georgia?
          If UNG has had football discussions, they have kept them incredibly secret.

Comment

About the only discussion of North Ga football was when a traveler asked at the Dahlonega Dunkin if the college has a football team.

Comment

Please enlighten me on UAH "NEVER" stance/history.

Comment

Originally posted by vsukerosene View Post

Please enlighten me on UAH "NEVER" stance/history.
                I don't think the UA System Board of Trustees would allow it. The UA System embarrassment of the UAB disbanding football and reinstating bc of public outcry is too fresh.

If the GSC said they would sponsor hockey if they would play football, then we are on to something.

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post

I don't think the UA System Board of Trustees would allow it. The UA System embarrassment of the UAB disbanding football and reinstating bc of public outcry is too fresh.

If the GSC said they would sponsor hockey if they would play football, then we are on to something.
                  I thought the UAH foootball had been discussed on the board previously, but didn't remember seeing it. It just seemed to me that they generally have competitive teams in the major sports and from that aspect it shouldn't be a problem. The money side maybe a different story. Didn't realize the state board jumped in on the sports side that much.

Comment

Last edited by UWAalum; 01-29-2022, 12:31 PM. Reason: To fix shi....stuff.

Comment

Comment

Sorry to hear that. VSU/ASU was always a great game with a great atmosphere.
                        Last edited by BlazerLady; 03-12-2022, 04:43 AM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

As I sit here reading this thread, DSU still only has 9 games. Only 3 of which are home games, and if I'm not mistaken, we are currently ineligible for playoffs with our current schedule because we only have 8 D2 games. I'm excited to play Valley again, but we really need another in region D2 game. I know the coaches have been working their tails off to try to get another game. When I looked at the schedule earlier, the last game of the year just says (Gulf South Conference).

Comment

Originally posted by Shugley View Post
                            As I sit here reading this thread, DSU still only has 9 games. Only 3 of which are home games, and if I'm not mistaken, we are currently ineligible for playoffs with our current schedule because we only have 8 D2 games. I'm excited to play Valley again, but we really need another in region D2 game. I know the coaches have been working their tails off to try to get another game. When I looked at the schedule earlier, the last game of the year just says (Gulf South Conference).
                            With the GSC Playoff Preview, it's 9 D2 games and 10 total games.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                              Last year we played Albany St. Savannah State and Virginia Union. Some years we play Fort Valley.

The SIAC has now Edward Waters, Savannah St., Albany St., Morehouse, Fort Valley, Benedict, Clark Atlanta, Miles, Kentucky St., Lane, Tuskegree, Central State.

Why not reach out to several of the schools for games?
                              Probably because the SIAC scheduling format which, unless I'm mistaken, blocks off Week 11 for the SIAC championship game, makes OOC games a little trickier (of course, that in-conference scheduling format seems to fluctuate wildly from year to year). Also, the addition of Allen to the SIAC gives the league 13 teams, so there's going to be an imbalanced schedule in play.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

With the GSC Playoff Preview, it's 9 D2 games and 10 total games.
                                Did I miss something? What's the GSC Playoff Preview? Is this a similar scheme to what the Lone Star Conference did a few years ago?
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X