Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Did I miss something? What's the GSC Playoff Preview? Is this a similar scheme to what the Lone Star Conference did a few years ago?
    Exact details haven't been released, but the conference will select matchups after the Week 10 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Exact details haven't been released, but the conference will select matchups after the Week 10 games.
      My reference to the LSC's "playoffs" were that all (at the time) eight LSC teams were placed in a bracket for the final two weeks of the season; 1 through 4 in the "championship" bracket, and 5 through 7 in the "consolation" bracket (with Oklahoma Panhandle added to the latter to fill out the field). I was under the impression that the GSC would have come up with something similar for their final two weeks of the regular season.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Last I heard Carson-Newman still needed a week 2 opponent. Opening at West Georgia from what I was told.

Comment

GSC teams often have to face off again in the playoffs. I hope we aren't setting up a possibility of having to play the same GSC team three times.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
            GSC teams often have to face off again in the playoffs. I hope we aren't setting up a possibility of having to play the same GSC team three times.
            I know we have scheduling difficulties, but no one wants to play the same team 3 times in a season.

Comment

I'm so confused by this "playoff preview" game. What happens if we have 3 or 4 teams via for a playoff spot. Now they certainly won't be eligible because they won't have enough d2 games. Someone, please tell me what is going on.

Comment

They announced the week 11 matchups, taking last year's standings and matching 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, and so on. Seems strange from a strength-of-schedule viewpoint; I'm not sure that playing Shorter twice will help Valdosta State.

Comment

They announced the week 11 matchups, taking last year's standings and matching 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, and so on. Seems strange from a strength-of-schedule viewpoint; I'm not sure that playing Shorter twice will help Valdosta State.
                  I'm not sure playing Shorter once would help Berry lol

Comment

Comment

It's pretty weird but I'm not sure what helps or hurts in this situation. A loss to a better team certainly wouldn't help but beating bad teams doesn't help SOS. Of course, beating a better team would be the hope but it's risky. What if your best two teams lose that last week and those other conferences have undefeated or one-loss teams are in the standings per usual? I've thought this whole concept was curious from its announcement. We'll see how it works out.

It also means certain teams could play three times in a season if the pairing also gets into the playoffs. Maybe unlikely, but what if DSU and UWA have to meet in the first round of the playoffs? That's just odd. But, I guess they'd just be happy being there!

It's gonna be another interesting season of GSC football!

https://gscsports.org/news/2022/8/8/...-schedule.aspx
                      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                        It's pretty weird but I'm not sure what helps or hurts in this situation. A loss to a better team certainly wouldn't help but beating bad teams doesn't help SOS. Of course, beating a better team would be the hope but it's risky. What if your best two teams lose that last week and those other conferences have undefeated or one-loss teams are in the standings per usual? I've thought this whole concept was curious from its announcement. We'll see how it works out.

It also means certain teams could play three times in a season if the pairing also gets into the playoffs. Maybe unlikely, but what if DSU and UWA have to meet in the first round of the playoffs? That's just odd. But, I guess they'd just be happy being there!

It's gonna be another interesting season of GSC football!

https://gscsports.org/news/2022/8/8/...-schedule.aspx
                        First-round rematches are avoided if possible, as long as flights are kept to a minimum. Granted, DSU is at the extreme end of the region, but they're still within range of a fair number of SIAC teams and a few SAC. Another possibility would be region swapping; DSU is in range of more than half of SR3 and UWA is in range of a fair amount of it as well.

Comment

First-round rematches are avoided if possible, as long as flights are kept to a minimum. Granted, DSU is at the extreme end of the region, but they're still within range of a fair number of SIAC teams and a few SAC. Another possibility would be region swapping; DSU is in range of more than half of SR3 and UWA is in range of a fair amount of it as well.
                          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X