Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSC Preseason

GSC Preseason poll and all GSC team announced.

https://gscsports.org/news/2022/7/22...announced.aspx

#BlazerNation

RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Comment

It looks like the coaches think that UWF losing their QB will hurt them more than VSU losing their coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
          It looks like the coaches think that UWF losing their QB will hurt them more than VSU losing their coach.
          The Blazers have an experienced, talented dual threat QB and the Argos have a question mark at QB. The Argos went 6-5 in 2018 when they lost the entire QB roster to injury and the offense sputtered all season with the weekly turnover. The Argos offense is QB centric and it could be a long season for West Florida if no one steps up from the QB room and takes charge of the offense.

On the bright and hopeful side, the Argos had the same uncertainty at QB before the 2017 and 2019 seasons when Mike Beaudry and Austin Reed stepped up and led the team to the title game. The QBs looked awful at the spring game, but the Argos have added two more QB since then and they probably will avoid having to play a wildcat wide receiver at QB like the end of the 2018 season. I would have put West Georgia at #2 over the Argos given the QB situation at the top three schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post

The Blazers have an experienced, talented dual threat QB and the Argos have a question mark at QB. The Argos went 6-5 in 2018 when they lost the entire QB roster to injury and the offense sputtered all season with the weekly turnover. The Argos offense is QB centric and it could be a long season for West Florida if no one steps up from the QB room and takes charge of the offense.

On the bright and hopeful side, the Argos had the same uncertainty at QB before the 2017 and 2019 seasons when Mike Beaudry and Austin Reed stepped up and led the team to the title game. The QBs looked awful at the spring game, but the Argos have added two more QB since then and they probably will avoid having to play a wildcat wide receiver at QB like the end of the 2018 season. I would have put West Georgia at #2 over the Argos given the QB situation at the top three schools.
            I was under the impression that UWF had gotten in a transfer that was expected to be solid at QB, but maybe I misheard.

It's odd to not see a VSU WR on the all-conference team, but the running attack VSU has is going to be hard to stop. In addition to the QB and the two all-conference RBS, VSU has a transfer RB from Kentucky that is a local guy who put up huge numbers for Lowndes. He is only a sophomore. VSU also got a transfer OL from Bama.

Here is the RB:

https://ukathletics.com/sports/footb...ravis-tisdale/

He went for over 400 yards in a game against Valdosta High.

Comment

*GSC Media Day. sponsored by FloSports

Film includes team reviews and coaches interviews. Length is a little over 2 hours.

https://www.flofootball.com/events/7...laying=7940695

#BlazerNation

Comment

The poll surprised me. I thought it would be a closer vote with WF. I looked at WF roster for last year and they has 15 graduate/rs seniors and another 10 seniors. I'm sure some of the ten, but likely some may have another year. I'm thinking as much as anything they could have some depth issues, but just my guess. What I do know is Shinnick can coach and they'll be good, but maybe not as good as last few years.

Comment

Comment

Saw some DSU practice pictures on Twitter. Looks good. Now don't go working too hard there Okra....

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X