Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
    canadarican QUOTE" the rumor of CC adding football has been nothing but an insubstantial rumor for a decade"

Interesting, considering the fact that there was only 1 Conference Carolinas school which had football (NGU) back then, now they're up to 6.
    And all of them outside of Pembroke are in better homes than a Conference Carolina's football league would be. And there's five unless I am mistaken.
    North Greenville, Pembroke, Barton, Erskine and Chowan.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

And all of them outside of Pembroke are in better homes than a Conference Carolina's football league would be. And there's five unless I am mistaken.
      LOL, like NGU was when they were aligned with the SAC? Somebody needs to warn Barton as soon as possible about spanking some SAC teams to bad this season, or they too could be kicked out of their alliance status. I hate to say it, but the Barton vs CN game could potentially get pretty ugly, unless Barton calls off the dogs early.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

LOL, like NGU was when they were aligned with the SAC? Somebody needs to warn Barton as soon as possible about spanking some SAC teams to bad this season, or they too could be kicked out of their alliance status. I hate to say it, but the Barton vs CN game could potentially get pretty ugly, unless Barton calls off the dogs early.
        Barton isn't an alliance status. They are an affiliate member. Not quite the same thing. Barton also needs to prove something. Beating C-N last year wasn't something to write home about. Yes they beat Wingate, but they didn't beat another team with a winning record.

NGU when they were alliance members has nothing to do with being in the Gulf South now. You missed my point. NGU is better off in the GSC than they would be in a conference carolinas that won't happen lol

Comment

Side note, NGU has nobody to blame but themselves and their administration for not being in the SAC,

Comment

And all of them outside of Pembroke are in better homes than a Conference Carolina's football league would be.
            Funny thing is, other than NGU all of those schools play in conferences which have the same number on D2 National Football Championships as Conference Carolinas.

Comment

Regarding the OP, what are possible expansion options for the GSC? It seems that the solution will likely come from schools not currently playing D2 football. But, because of the amount of D2+ talent in the region, quick success in terms of competitiveness is not impossible. The question is how do we get administrators on board? I suggest we not leave this to happenstance, if it isn't already being done, professionals should be brought in to achieve desired results.

Comment

I'm beginning to believe more and more that having the GSC adding (Football only) all of the schools of the Conference Carolinas which have football programs would make a lot of sense for the future. This would include retaining NGU. I could potentially see a couple of other schools in the region jumping ship to be included as part of this potential super conference.

Comment

Comment

Here's a question. This is about expanding the GSC....well what if the Argos and 1 or 2 others split and head to D1. Then it becomes what does the remaining part of the GSC do. Boy that would throw a wrinkle into things.

Comment

Maybe the GSC outta pull a Big Ten and just add a dozen schools and Ballon up 18 or 20. They and the SEC probably end up expanding again anyways. If the ACC didn't have its grant of rights deal thru 2036 it probably would've lost 6 schools already

Comment

Maybe the GSC outta pull a Big Ten and just add a dozen schools and Ballon up 18 or 20. They and the SEC probably end up expanding again anyways. If the ACC didn't have its grant of rights deal thru 2036 it probably would've lost 6 schools already
                        Where is the GSC going to find these schools?

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Where is the GSC going to find these schools?
                          It was mostly sarcasm, but taking Eagle74's suggestion and running with it.

Add the other 4 conference carolina schools then raid the SAC

Comment

It was mostly sarcasm, but taking Eagle74's suggestion and running with it.

Add the other 4 conference carolina schools then raid the SAC
                            I don't foresee any SAC schools looking to make it harder on themselves by having to travel further and play VSU, UWG, and UWF. It's not like there is TV money to make it worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

I don't foresee any SAC schools looking to make it harder on themselves by having to travel further and play VSU, UWG, and UWF. It's not like there is TV money to make it worthwhile.
                              From the information I've been given. when Anderson adds football in 2024 that is when the SAC's current football-only memberships with Erskine and Barton expire. Idea is the conference will have Anderson take Barton's place and keep Erskine. Because I don't know who they would add if they kept Barton to go to 14.

That's the only thing I'm not sure about with schools like Pembroke and Barton. It's like 11 hours to half the gSC! LOL

Comment

Could the CIAA add Barton and Bluefield State for football?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X