Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    Could the CIAA add Barton and Bluefield State for football?
    Not sure what the CIAA looks for in members. I think there was a thread on the CIAA board a while back about Bluefield wanting to join the CIAA but could be mistaken.

Comment

Albany State and Fort Valley would be a good fit in the GSC but that's not gonna happen. Barring that a schedule agreement with the GSC would make their teams more competitive. The improved SOS would get their better teams into the playoffs without the occasional assistance of EA. The lesser teams would also benefit in recruiting, and by getting better, through the experience of playing tougher opponents (iron sharpens iron).

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
        Birmingham Southern AL, .
        They were D1 and dropped down to D3 after 2007 from D1. I doubt if they would move up to D2.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
          Could the CIAA add Barton and Bluefield State for football?
          Bluefield State is considered an HBCU, so they'd be a "cultural" for the CIAA. And Bluefield, West Virginia to, say, Charlotte or Raleigh isn't a brutal road trip. It wouldn't shock me if, eventually, Bluefield State at least considered the MEC (potentially replacing Pembroke, allowing the potential for Pembroke to join the GSC as a football affiliate).
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Funny thing is, other than NGU all of those schools play in conferences which have the same number on D2 National Football Championships as Conference Carolinas.
            EXPANDING THE GSC????
            The Powers That Be seem to be doing everything they can to reduce viewship during high gas and travel expenses for what appears to be a minimal return on FLO "Sports"

Comment

Good Evening and sorry for the late inquiry, but I couldn't help but wonder hypothetically, what if the gsc does loose a few members? Aside from money and expenses, wouldn't it make sense to to expand as many as you can in terms of numbers to bring the sos and quality of matches up? I mean think about it new schools brings more mystery and more talent which in terms allow for growth across all schools in the conference. This can play a critical role if im not mistaken within3-5 years placing all schools in better space especially to bring in more money and TV money. I'd like to dream that the GSC could move from D2 to D! and shake things up. Our players deserve better, this micromanaging ai'nt it. Just saying.

Comment

Oh and as to where to get the new recruits from, HBCU's are a viable option, but there are many options in D1 especially the schools that arent winning so much. Looking through other D2 regions is a possibility but then as too many are focused on travel that may be a pain to some to deal with. I bet with all the new additions, money, and changes especially if possible the GSC going D1, UNA would more than likely come back since at first glance it appears to me they are struggling statistically. Im just thinking outloud thats all.

Comment

It just seems like our history as a conference from this current GSC administration is just not caring or not doing or both on enhancing the conference and being creative. Can anyone tell me if this current GSC admin has done anything significant since they took over several years ago? And if I’m wrong let me know and explain. I’ll be happy to admit I’m wrong. You see all these chess moves at FBS, FCS and even D2 but it’s like crickets for the GSC and I’m biased here but I’d argue the GSC is like the SEC of the D2 and VSU and UWF are like the Bama and UGA of D2. I guess the GSC Commish and Admin are appointed by GSC member presidents I assume, so maybe those presidents don’t really care about GSC expansion and football. I see the SAC just expanded to two divisions and now have a champ game. That’s exciting imo. That’s creative and aggressive and modern thinking. Kudos to whoever was in charge of making that happen.

Comment

I get worried the GSC may fail to exist if moves aren't made. That, or the conference will be a shell of what it's been in the past. In my opinion, the GSC isn't what it used to be in years past. I'm not so sure it's the best football conference in D2 anymore.
                    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

GSC football is on a cliff, but which stone is out there to give blood to the commissioner? It's not like there are a lot of options out there for expansion.

If you were the president/AD of a small school, and you had the choice of joining the SAC or having VSU, UWF, and UWG on your schedule each season, which would you choose?

Do you really expect an HBCU to leave an HBCU conference to come to the GSC?

Comment

Yet another reason to add some or all of the Conference Carolinas football schools (for football only) like what was done with North Greenville.

Comment

The GSC should pursue Keiser immediately and expand their footprint into south Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                            The GSC should pursue Keiser immediately and expand their footprint into south Florida.
                            You are presuming that Kaiser has the funding to make the jump from NAIA to D-II. For football alone, it's 12 scholarships if they are at the NAIA max, and that would mean a corresponding number of female scholarships.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X