Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting to exhale

I didn't see the VSU game, but from the highlights it seems that we should have won more comfortably so I'm a bit nervous. The next three games won't show us much (unless we lose one of them). When do we find out if this team is up to what we've come to expect from VSU football. When will we be able to exhale?

One of my philosophies when it comes to football is to never get too high or low off of one game, that is where I start. After that I would say, lets remember it is a new coaching staff and almost a completely new defense. I say all that to say that we should see improvement throughout the year.

As for the next three, I am looking for a few things: I want to see the team take all three games as serious as if it was a playoff game, this has been an attribute of virtually all VSU teams. You give every team the same respect and play for 60 minutes. Secondly, lets see better execution, the coaches will have had time and some valuable film to address issues. I also think as I stated many times in the game thread the coaches can improve from a play calling stand point; again, new staff, they should improve as well.

Every team has off nights, it is possible that that is what we saw. The important thing is we won and we have game film to help us improve now.

Go Blazers!
    Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Coach said on the radio show last night that we had some technical issues with the headsets. So they couldn't communicate with each other. That must have been horrible for the coaches and players. We did have a lightning delay before the team entered the stadium. We just had a crazy start......

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
        Coach said on the radio show last night that we had some technical issues with the headsets. So they couldn't communicate with each other. That must have been horrible for the coaches and players. We did have a lightning delay before the team entered the stadium. We just had a crazy start......
        Wow, that could cause a multitude of issues. I would hope that we had practiced using signals but that certainly is not a situation most players and coaches are used to in this era of technology.
        Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post

Wow, that could cause a multitude of issues. I would hope that we had practiced using signals but that certainly is not a situation most players and coaches are used to in this era of technology.
          I vote for no more Thursday night games......lol.......

#BlazerNation

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much. Not this early. It was Keiser's second game and they're a good NAIA team, so they had a week to workout some things. For VSU, I would look at it almost like a preseason game or scrimmage. First game, it's not going to be perfect, especially with a new coach.
            RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
            Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
              I wouldn't worry too much. Not this early. It was Keiser's second game and they're a good NAIA team, so they had a week to workout some things. For VSU, I would look at it almost like a preseason game or scrimmage. First game, it's not going to be perfect, especially with a new coach.

Ditto, the sky is not falling for the Blazers. It was entertaining to watch the Blazer fans hair catch on fire and run around trying to put it out with kerosene.

The Argos may have a similar experience this weekend on the road at Southwest Baptist. The Bearcats have a very good QB with receivers who can catch and a better running game than last year’s team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X