Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What in the world, ESPN?

Thursday, ESPNU is broadcasting a Division II game!! Benedict vs Savannah State.

Can you believe it??

Awesome!!

#BlazerNation

Albany State was on local t.v. in Atlanta this weekend, I put them on my secondary t.v. First time in a long time I have been able to watch a non championship DII game on t.v. I know it was because they were playing an FCS school but it was still nice to see.
    Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post
      Albany State was on local t.v. in Atlanta this weekend, I put them on my secondary t.v. First time in a long time I have been able to watch a non championship DII game on t.v. I know it was because they were playing an FCS school but it was still nice to see.
      That's great! Exciting to see this happening!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
        Thursday, ESPNU is broadcasting a Division II game!! Benedict vs Savannah State.

Can you believe it??

Awesome!!
        The GSC got Flo.

The SIAC got ESPN.

Comment

Can you believe it??

Awesome!!
          Cool, I'll check it out on Thursday. BC Tigers vs SSU Tigers. Go Tigers!

https://ssuathletics.com/sports/football/schedule
          Last edited by crixus; 09-12-2022, 11:22 AM.
          Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

The GSC got Flo.

The SIAC got ESPN.
            Hahahaha

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

The GSC got Flo.

The SIAC got ESPN.
              SO CRUEL! You always seem to find a way to make the truth hurt a little bit more!!
              Good Job!!

Comment

Just saw where ESPN Game Day will be at Appalachian St. this Saturday!! WOW....and what a beautiful campus!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Just saw where ESPN Game Day will be at Appalachian St. this Saturday!! WOW....and what a beautiful campus!

If you have never been to Boone or App State's campus you are truly missing out.

When I was in high school and college I worked at a Christmas tree farm in Boone that a family friend owned. If it was quiet enough, you could hear the App PA announcer and cannons going off everytime they scored.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

If you have never been to Boone or App State's campus you are truly missing out.

When I was in high school and college I worked at a Christmas tree farm in Boone that a family friend owned. If it was quiet enough, you could hear the App PA announcer and cannons going off everytime they scored.
                    Too cool. One side of my family is from S. Carolina with ancestors from N. Carolina. Love the mountains!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

My parents had a home in Deep Gap for many years. It was always a treat when we would visit, because Mother would always take us to the campus for a tour and great food. Unfortunately, in those days, those cannons were quiet most of the time. So proud of what's going on there now.

Comment

I hope the game goes well. I get tired of hearing, "yeah, but it's just D2." I hope the world sees good football.

Comment

Originally posted by Shugley View Post
                          I hope the game goes well. I get tired of hearing, "yeah, but it's just D2." I hope the world sees good football.
                          I hate this! The funny thing, and at least what I've noticed, it's always said by un-athletic people that never played a sport.

Any sport played at any level of college is great! You were good enough to play at the next level, whatever division it may be.

I'm 36 now and not the athlete I used to be. But I'm in the Air Force, so I still have to maintain certain fitness standards. I can run circles around, and am a far superior athlete, than those young guys that pull the "it's only lower level football."

That said, I wish they would show stronger D2 teams.
                          RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                          Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X