Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Tuskegee

Comment

Wasn't this Coach Ruffins FIRST win against UWA?
      Last edited by Larold; 09-18-2022, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkegeeGrad151 View Post
        The Team has been playing subpar the first two games, especially against the run.
        One of the best tools to improve on defense is a game vs UWA’s offense. Drop into coverage every play and you will guess right 75% of the time.

14 run vs 46. Two of the 16 rushes in the box score were passes that resulted in a sack.

Really hate it for #8. For whatever reason, blocking or defense, the Tigers aren’t going to run the ball.

and what with the onside kick? A tribute to Scott Frost?

Comment

If I was a certain someone, I would consider transferring like today to perhaps another GSC school that wants to use my talent and not waste it.

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post

One of the best tools to improve on defense is a game vs UWA’s offense. Drop into coverage every play and you will guess right 75% of the time.

14 run vs 46. Two of the 16 rushes in the box score were passes that resulted in a sack.

Really hate it for #8. For whatever reason, blocking or defense, the Tigers aren’t going to run the ball.

and what with the onside kick? A tribute to Scott Frost?
            My old friend Emelle called me last night.
            He shared 2 points.
            1- He found it interesting that there wasn't a quote from HC in the loss to Tuskegee write up and.....
            2- He's afraid his team will repeat last season's "quitting', but after only 3 games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

My old friend Emelle called me last night.
              He shared 2 points.
              1- He found it interesting that there wasn't a quote from HC in the loss to Tuskegee write up and.....
              2- He's afraid his team will repeat last season's "quitting', but after only 3 games this year.
              I was just talking about that this morning on my walk with another UWA fan and there was a no statement because there is no accountability for coaches at UWA, and never has been. It why you have history of coaches in all sports at the school being able to stay in their job till whenever they choose to leave. I don’t know if it’s because their spouses gets jobs or what. Again, no media really scrutinizes UWA athletics ever that I know of. It would be nice after a game like this that there is a press conference or a zoom call that can be recorded with some hard tough questions being asked. One thing you have to say about Coach Wallace and Coach Hall was that they were all about doing things that elevated the program regardless if only 2 media members showed up or not. Anyway, I need to quit ranting about all of this because it doesn’t do any good.

lastly, I was complimenting the VSU AD Herb Rinehart and his longevity at VSU due to choosing winning coaches and if he makes a mistake at least he shows them the door after 2-3 years. I’d be curious does VSU hire spouses of coaches? It should be illegal in my opinion. No family member of a coach should work at the same school.

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post

I was just talking about that this morning on my walk with another UWA fan and there was a no statement because there is no accountability for coaches at UWA, and never has been. It why you have history of coaches in all sports at the school being able to stay in their job till whenever they choose to leave. I don’t know if it’s because their spouses gets jobs or what. Again, no media really scrutinizes UWA athletics ever that I know of. It would be nice after a game like this that there is a press conference or a zoom call that can be recorded with some hard tough questions being asked. One thing you have to say about Coach Wallace and Coach Hall was that they were all about doing things that elevated the program regardless if only 2 media members showed up or not. Anyway, I need to quit ranting about all of this because it doesn’t do any good.

lastly, I was complimenting the VSU AD Herb Rinehart and his longevity at VSU due to choosing winning coaches and if he makes a mistake at least he shows them the door after 2-3 years. I’d be curious does VSU hire spouses of coaches? It should be illegal in my opinion. No family member of a coach should work at the same school.
                I actually heard from a friend at UWA that the coach did a post game interview on the field and a post game press conference with media outlets and the UWA sports info staff. Not sure why it didn’t show up anywhere?
                Not sure who Herb has ever “shown the door” to? Ever since Hatcher our coaches here just want to win and move on which is the same thing the ones at UWA have done previously. I commend your coach for consistently winning 7+ games a year at UWA and staying there this long. I know he has had chances to move on. At this level with all of our resource issues that is to be admired. We all lose game we shouldn’t and it is embarrassing hint us two weeks ago but we move on.

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post

I don't recall a spouse also working at VSU. They pretty much work out in the community as teachers, coaches, business folks. I think some help whenever their spouse hold clinics, but not a paid position.
                  Last edited by BlazerLady; 09-21-2022, 11:17 AM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post
                    Wasn't this Coach Ruffins FIRST win against UWA?
                    I do know it was Tuskegee’s 700th win...
                    <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X