Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final, UWG 22, UWA 7

Comment

GSC Officials 54......UWG 22.....UWA 7. Officiating was absolutel BRUTAL!

Comment

Originally posted by baldereagle View Post
        GSC Officials 54......UWG 22.....UWA 7. Officiating was absolutel BRUTAL!
        AMEN
        Watched (parts of 3 GSC games) Terrible calls in each one.

Comment

Congrats UWG on the win. The difference in this game imo was UWG had one turnover and UWA had 3, UWG had like 50 yards in penalties, UWA had 11 for 109 with a lot being unsportsmanlike and personal fouls, and finally, although our defense played good, on the field way too much and we only had 8 TFL’s and 0 sacks compared to UWG had 9 TFL’s and 4 sacks, so our pass rush was not that great. Overall I’d grade our offense as a D- if not an F since your not going to win many games scoring 7 points. Defense I’d give a B- under the circumstances. Coaching is a D+. I’m just not sure we have the talent to win anymore of our games. I think for us to win anymore we would have to have one heck of a job coaching and preparation and good game mgmt and decision making and I haven’t seen that yet. When is mens basketball season start?

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
            Congrats UWG on the win. The difference in this game imo was UWG had one turnover and UWA had 3, UWG had like 50 yards in penalties, UWA had 11 for 109 with a lot being unsportsmanlike and personal fouls, and finally, although our defense played good, on the field way too much and we only had 8 TFL’s and 0 sacks compared to UWG had 9 TFL’s and 4 sacks, so our pass rush was not that great. Overall I’d grade our offense as a D- if not an F since your not going to win many games scoring 7 points. Defense I’d give a B- under the circumstances. Coaching is a D+. I’m just not sure we have the talent to win anymore of our games. I think for us to win anymore we would have to have one heck of a job coaching and preparation and good game mgmt and decision making and I haven’t seen that yet. When is mens basketball season start?
            I thought WG was fortunate to get out of there with a win. I been there three times, hard place to win at. Games are always chippy between those two teams. Now we know that Delta state is pretty good, West AL has to go there twice. Wow!

Comment

I agree with Superwolfe in that WG was fortunate to get out of there with a win. Execution of the offense was a big problem in the game. No way WG will advance far with their offensive style unless they can fire on all cylinders. I'm glad to see Delta get the win over WF. Conference play from this point forward is going to be very exciting and the conference needs excitement. This having to play interconference teams twice in regular season has to stop. There has to be a better solution. Certainly not fair UWA is put in a situation to have to not only play Delta twice, but also travel there twice.

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
                Your analysis is very generous to UWA. After watching the Auburn offense vs Mizzou, I said no one can be that inept on offense. UWA said "hold my beer"!

Hate it for the players. They obviously care very deeply and put forth the effort.
                Last edited by UWAalum; 09-26-2022, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post

Your analysis is very generous to UWA. After watching the Auburn offense vs Mizzou, I said no one can be that inept on offense. UWA said "hold my beer"!
                  Haha I about spit out my sweet tea on that one.

Comment

Hate it for the players. They obviously care very deeply and put forth the effort.
                    It seems that the offense can produce if the QB is/ allowed to be a running threat and not look the intended receivers down without checking off. Heck, just listening to the radio guys sheds light on those two aspects of the QB position. Our QBs seem the only ones in the GSC disdaining running the ball. Has there been a QB draw yet? I think the criticism of the team has been harsh. A couple of strategic adjustments though are in order.t

Comment

I have some real questions about UWA's long term, award winning OC.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post
                        I have some real questions about UWA's long term, award winning OC.
                        Me too. Going to be hard to find the money to complete the stadium project if your losing I’m thinking.

btw, the stadium, once it’s finished, looks like it will be really nice: sky box seating, new press box, elevator, athletic center and new alumni center, all at the new stadium.
                        Last edited by UWARTime; 09-27-2022, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQZ72 View Post

It seems that the offense can produce if the QB is/ allowed to be a running threat and not look the intended receivers down without checking off. Heck, just listening to the radio guys sheds light on those two aspects of the QB position. Our QBs seem the only ones in the GSC disdaining running the ball. Has there been a QB draw yet? I think the criticism of the team has been harsh. A couple of strategic adjustments though are in order.t
                          I agree that the QB doesnt appear to have to be accounted vs UWA offense. There are very few defenses that can take away everything that an offense can do. UWG and Tuskegee are not the 85 Bears so I am hopeful that the OC and HC find something or it is a real possibility that an embarrassing loss is forthcoming.

Comment

I agree that the QB doesnt appear to have to be accounted vs UWA offense. There are very few defenses that can take away everything that an offense can do. UWG and Tuskegee are not the 85 Bears so I am hopeful that the OC and HC find something or it is a real possibility that an embarrassing loss is forthcoming.
                            Good points ref Tuskegee and UWG.....

Couldn't have done a SHORTER response?

Comment

Hate it for the players.They obviously care very deeply and put forth the effort.
                              Defense is really good...same they lived on the field most of the game.

Comment

If you want to point a finger at the lack of the running game.......look at the blocking. We have two very good backs and cant block for them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X