Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta State vs Valdosta

Here is the press conference link. https://m.facebook.com/video.php/?vi...24321737968333 I will be at the game! Go Statesmen!!

What is everyone’s early thoughts on the game? I know Delta State is glad to be home! Delta State is playing well but have to keep it going! Unsure what to make of VSU!! I’m pumped and ready!! Let’s lock the gates and Go Statesmen!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by statesmen supporter View Post
      Here is the press conference link. https://m.facebook.com/video.php/?vi...24321737968333 I will be at the game! Go Statesmen!!
      Well, that's an interesting llink..................

#BlazerNation

Comment

What is everyone’s early thoughts on the game? I know Delta State is glad to be home! Delta State is playing well but have to keep it going! Unsure what to make of VSU!! I’m pumped and ready!! Let’s lock the gates and Go Statesmen!!!!
        I'm excited for Pig Pickin'. To my VSU friends (that's all of you on the board), if you're coming to the game, feel free to come by the tent. Shoot me a message and I'll give you details.

Comment

Watching Delta, they have great athletes, it's going to be hard to beat them. We need to establish the run in the first half. Just keep them off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Well, that's an interesting llink..................
            Try this link...

https://fb.watch/fNQaLCy6oE/

Although the video is 30 minutes, Coach Cooley's press conference ends at 16 minutes.
            He mentioned Valdosta a little bit, but mainly kept it about our team and how unselfish the players are. He also mentioned eliminating distractions and not letting early season success go to the players' head's.
            Last edited by CalifOKRA; 09-26-2022, 03:44 PM.
            RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
            Delta State University, GSC

Comment

I note from GSC stats that both teams hang onto the ball, which means the team that can consistently put together long scoring drives should have the edge.

Comment

GSC Players of the week. https://gscsports.org/news/2022/9/25...-the-week.aspx

Comment

Congrats, knew our players didn't deserve nothing.

Unless I change my mind, I've picked the Okra to win this week. Not sure they are that gook but are opportunistic and blazers are vulnerable. Could be repeat of DSU/UWF.

Comment

The hurricane has shifted to the east. Just letting people know.

Comment

The hurricane has shifted to the east. Just letting people know.
                      Yep. Been watching the updates. Expecting an announcement about classes.

#BlazerNation

Comment

We haven't been playing at the level I saw from DSU last week, It's like we've been stuck in low gear. All we can do is hope it comes together eventually. If we do lose this one we're probably going to have to win out to make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                          We haven't been playing at the level I saw from DSU last week, It's like we've been stuck in low gear. All we can do is hope it comes together eventually. If we do lose this one we're probably going to have to win out to make the playoffs.
                          I’m not optimistic. The O-line needs help in every category. Again, I see VSU as 7 - 4 team. I hope I’m wrong.
                          <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

I’m not optimistic. The O-line needs help in every category. Again, I see VSU as 7 - 4 team. I hope I’m wrong.
                            You're being optimistic at 7 - 4. If we continue to start off cold in the first half's like we have been, we're done! It would be different if our offense was struggling but we had a dominate defense (#Defensivemindedcoach), but we don't!

This game will tell me what we have. I hope the Blazers prove me wrong!

Comment

Love the interview w/Cooley. He’s feeling something special with this team.
                              The atmosphere he decscribed with his guys reminds me of our championship teams in the past. That cohesiveness is built over time through shared experiences ( which is why it’s so hard to win championships with teams overloaded with transfers (I’d call that the Terry Bowden Syndrome)).
                              Teams with that kind of cohesiveness thrive when under pressure/stress. That showed against UWF.
                              Cooley mentioned last years game with VSU. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind reciprocating on that.
                              VSU is gonna have to be ready to play at a very high level out of the chute and for all 4 quarters if they’re gonna have a chance in this game.
                              Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 09-28-2022, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X