Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think is the cause of this is; lack of leadership, coaching, ???
    <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
      What do you think is the cause of this is; lack of leadership, coaching, ???
      Something is lacking as we have made the same mistakes in 3 out of 4 games consistently. First half offensive struggles, unwillingness to RTDB, unable to stop the run (zero tackling), special teams (Either have Thiele do kick offs or kick the ball out of bounds), undisciplined (too many penalties and the worst possible time).

Comment

PREVIEW: #25 Delta State to Host #13 Valdosta State
        https://gostatesmen.com/news/2022/9/...sta-state.aspx
        RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
        Delta State University, GSC

Comment

I can imagine it’s very difficult to learn an entire new coaches scheme, philosophy and terminology. But whatever it is, come on Blazers, let’s get it together. The rankings ho out the window when it comes to VSU play. You can get beat by any team I. The conference on any given Saturday. We know it’s not a lack of talent. Sooooo what is it?

Comment

While the Blazers are not off to a good start, I'm curious to see if they get better as the year continues.

With only 2 starters returning on D, part of me thinks we should've expected some challenges on that side of the football..given VSU wasn't a great defensive team a season ago. Tackling seems to be a challenges, for sure. Plenty of young guys that'll need to step up and put a shoulder into a opponent.

Watching Delta the other day I was impressed with their QB play and the dual threat he poses, but the thing that really jumped out was the size of the Delta OL. Each guy in the game upfront was over 300lbs and an avg of about 315. That's massive for D2. That itself could pose a real problem for a Valdosta squad that is smallish on the defensive side of the ball.

If Valdosta can find a happy balance between the run and the pass, I think they hang around in this game..but they need to start a little quicker. The offense has started slow continually, giving the opponent a believe they can hang around..instead of being KO'd early by a prolific offense.

This should be a telling game for both squads.

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
              PREVIEW: #25 Delta State to Host #13 Valdosta State
              https://gostatesmen.com/news/2022/9/...sta-state.aspx
              "Sophomore quarterback Patrick Shegog"??? Doesn't that guy already have a bachelors degree? I guess the next thing we know Trevar Deeds is going to be back in the line up... (guys, I know he had an injury year and then the covid year... I'm just picking fun).

Comment

This is awesome...

- 41st meeting between the two teams
                - The two teams have met on the gridiron every year since 1982
                - Series record of 20-19-1 belonging to the Statesmen.
                RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                Delta State University, GSC

Comment

This is awesome...

When you think about how good both teams have been... 50/50 makes sense.

Comment

Not shocked the breakdown is 20-19-1. Hope DSU can break the losing skid!

Comment

Originally posted by Shugley View Post

"Sophomore quarterback Patrick Shegog"??? Doesn't that guy already have a bachelors degree? I guess the next thing we know Trevar Deeds is going to be back in the line up... (guys, I know he had an injury year and then the covid year... I'm just picking fun).
                      Deeds played at DSU for 18 seasons, at least.

Comment

This is awesome...

In our early days of being in the conference, Delta State would beat us EVERY doggone year, until we turned things around. It has been a long rivalry between the two schools. From football, to basketball, baseball and softball. we always want to beat those mean, green, OKRA!!!!!
                        Last edited by BlazerLady; 09-29-2022, 06:54 AM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

It’s going down this weekend! Between these 2 really good teams. Yes for Delta State the win last week was great and it feels good to be ranked / 4-0. Although but to me in my opinion. This is a prove it game!! Meaning can / is Delta State ready to handle success. I feel that they are but this Saturday will let us know if we can handle success. I feel Statesmen will be ready! Go Statesmen!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

In our early days of being in the conference, Delta State would beat us EVERY doggone year, until we turned things around. It has been a long rivalry between the two schools. From football, to basketball, baseball and softball. we always want to beat those mean, green, OKRA!!!!!
                            I remember when I started at DSU in 2007, Valdosta was the game everyone was talking about when we won. It was a big deal. It was a good game. I feel the same about this game. We've had a good start, but rather than playing Valdosta and UNA back to back, we're playing UWF and Valdosta back to back. Important stretch of games here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Deeds played at DSU for 18 seasons, at least.
                              With the medical red shirt and the covid year, I think everyone is going to feel the same about Shegog.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                                While the Blazers are not off to a good start, I'm curious to see if they get better as the year continues.

With only 2 starters returning on D, part of me thinks we should've expected some challenges on that side of the football..given VSU wasn't a great defensive team a season ago. Tackling seems to be a challenges, for sure. Plenty of young guys that'll need to step up and put a shoulder into a opponent.

Watching Delta the other day I was impressed with their QB play and the dual threat he poses, but the thing that really jumped out was the size of the Delta OL. Each guy in the game upfront was over 300lbs and an avg of about 315. That's massive for D2. That itself could pose a real problem for a Valdosta squad that is smallish on the defensive side of the ball.

If Valdosta can find a happy balance between the run and the pass, I think they hang around in this game..but they need to start a little quicker. The offense has started slow continually, giving the opponent a believe they can hang around..instead of being KO'd early by a prolific offense.

This should be a telling game for both squads.
                                Thank you for pointing out the OL. I know several of those men and they are not only good athletes, but they are great people. In my opinion, they are the heart of the offense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X