Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is he gone yet?

There's a good possibility that Brandon will have to take down this post because I know race is a sensitive subject, and one that most try to avoid.

I'm a black man but my perspective is personal, I'm not speaking for all.

Let me try to describe one dynamic, and this is not race related but it will help you understand my psyche.

I pull for all of the coaches that have passed through the Blazer program. It hurt when Will Muschamp failed at UF. I love everything about Mike Lynch, even the noose joke. The point is I care about people with whom I'm familiar.

Now for the race aspect. I love to see black men succeed. For example, as much as I dislike Notre Dame, I now pull for them a bit because of their coach. There's probably something wrong with that but that's just me. I turn on a fight and a black guy is going up against a Mexican or an American is going up against a Russian, I'm pulling for the black and American boxers.

Now to my main point, After seeing the VSU score this morning, I am hoping that Coach Jackson is gone. He obviously is not good enough. David Dean could have produced a better result with a team of high school players.

I had my fire Coach Dean moment early in his championship season (boy was I wrong) but I have never seen this level of ineptitude and I was on campus in 1982 for our inaugural season.

This hurts double because Coach Jackson appears to be a likeable person and because he feels like a part of me.

If the calls have not gone out yet, let it begin here, Coach Jackson Gotta Go!
    Last edited by boyblue; 10-02-2022, 07:31 AM.

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
    There's a good possibility that Brandon will have to take down this post because I know race is a sensitive subject, and one that most try to avoid.

I'm a black man but my perspective is personal, I'm not speaking for all.

Let me try to describe one dynamic, and this is not race related but it will help you understand my psyche.

I pull for all of the coaches that have passed through the Blazer program. It hurt when Will Muschamp failed at UF. I love everything about Mike Lynch, even the noose joke. The point is I care about people with whom I'm familiar.

Now for the race aspect. I love to see black men succeed. For example, as much as I dislike Notre Dame, I now pull for them a bit because of their coach. There's probably something wrong with that but that's just me. I turn on a fight and a black guy is going up against a Mexican or an American is going up against a Russian, I'm pulling for the black and American boxers.

Now to my main point, After seeing the VSU score this morning, I am hoping that Coach Jackson is gone. He obviously is not good enough. David Dean could have produced a better result with a team of high school players.

I had my fire Coach Dean moment early in his championship season (boy was I wrong) but I have never seen this level of ineptitude and I was on campus in 1982 for our inaugural season.

This hurts double because Coach Jackson appears to be a likeable person and because he feels like a part of me.

If the calls have not gone out yet, let it begin here, Coach Jackson Gotta Go!
    I agree. I look at the product on the field. That offense is packed with talent. Even it looks disorganized. You cant even call that a defense, when the other team doesn't ever punt. We have a disorganized offense and a speedbump. It barely slows the other team down as they barrel to the endzone. I don't care if the coach is blue or orange, like you. Something is wrong with the Blazers.

Comment

I just read they were 34 of 38 on passing. Unbelievable. Over 700 yards of offense.

Comment

Yeah, you can’t take a national runner up with a returning QB and

1. Struggle against an NAIA program.
        2. Lose to a CIAA team.
        3. Barely beat Shorter (even if they are improved)
        4. Lose by 40 and give up 700 yards.

and then expect to keep your job. No.
        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
          Yeah, you can’t take a national runner up with a returning QB and

1. Struggle against an NAIA program.
          2. Lose to a CIAA team.
          3. Barely beat Shorter (even if they are improved)
          4. Lose by 40 and give up 700 yards.

and then expect to keep your job. No.
          Side note, do you think Chris Willis is let go after 6 years? I see he is currently 20-26 including 1-3 record right now.

Comment

Maybe West Georgia is ready to give up on Dean after a loss the MC. Even if that isn't the case I have to believe Coach would be willing to come back.

I believe that VSU is a better job with the most committed administration in D2 and a community that loves and respects him.

What are some other things that may sway Coach Dean? I'm trying to build the strongest possible sales pitch :)

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post

Side note, do you think Chris Willis is let go after 6 years? I see he is currently 20-26 including 1-3 record right now.
              Willis is terrible. Should have never been hired. Thankfully we have a new AD now. If you come to our board you’ll see the multiple threads to fire him. We all hope he’ll be gone after the last game at Memphis.

Speaking of, I’m starting to think Gilliland’s seat may be getting warm at UWA after these past few weeks.
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Willis is terrible. Should have never been hired. Thankfully we have a new AD now. If you come to our board you’ll see the multiple threads to fire him. We all hope he’ll be gone after the last game at Memphis.

Speaking of, I’m starting to think Gilliland’s seat may be getting warm at UWA after these past few weeks.
                Your speaking of the same school that kept McCorkle for like 10 years and then rehired him again. I could make the case for a lot of poor coaching hires throughout history at UWA as well as some coaches who remained way too long. Besides, BG is the schools all time winningest Coach at UWA, whatever that says, just wins, not percentage. Will Hall still holds best winning percentage. I highly doubt Coach G’s seat is even warm. Maybe on a day when the sun is out in the middle of summer and his curtains in his office are open and he rolls his chair over by the window and then gets up to go to lunch and forgets to push it back to his desk. Personally, I like Coach G and I have to believe him being young he wants to win at the highest level, and so he knows he has to win at this level first. This shouldn’t be a shocker but it’s tough to recruit to UWA. I think the majority of UWA fans and alumni are totally fine with a winning season and occasionally a playoff birth and GSC championship and BG has done that. He really needs to find a new OC however which would be a good decision on his part. CBG being a former QB it must hurt to see we only passed for less then 100 yds yesterday.

one other note to add, this may be CBG’s best defense he’s had since he’s been there, unfortunately it maybe his worst offense since he’s been there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post

Your speaking of the same school that kept McCorkle for like 10 years and then rehired him again. I could make the case for a lot of poor coaching hires throughout history at UWA as well as some coaches who remained way too long. Besides, BG is the schools all time winningest Coach at UWA, whatever that says, just wins, not percentage. Will Hall still holds best winning percentage. I highly doubt Coach G’s seat is even warm. Maybe on a day when the sun is out in the middle of summer and his curtains in his office are open and he rolls his chair over by the window and then gets up to go to lunch and forgets to push it back to his desk. Personally, I like Coach G and I have to believe him being young he wants to win at the highest level, and so he knows he has to win at this level first. This shouldn’t be a shocker but it’s tough to recruit to UWA. I think the majority of UWA fans and alumni are totally fine with a winning season and occasionally a playoff birth and GSC championship and BG has done that. He really needs to find a new OC however which would be a good decision on his part. CBG being a former QB it must hurt to see we only passed for less then 100 yds yesterday.

one other note to add, this may be CBG’s best defense he’s had since he’s been there, unfortunately it maybe his worst offense since he’s been there as well.
                  You’re right, CBG is good but these past few games have made me raise my eyebrow a bit when I check in on them. You helped me understand more that it’s an offense issue so far this season, which is surprising under him.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

In other news, McNeese State is 1-4.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Goff is a decent coach and he's young, I wish him success. Hopefully his admin has patience. I like the Dean option because he took a shot and bet on the wrong HC. I believe he values his accomplishments at VSU more now and may be ready to make a career of being the big fish in our small pond.

Comment

How long was his contract?

Comment

This is what Jackson said about the kind of defense he wanted when he was hired."We'll have a defense that loves to run around and hit people and knock people completely out. ... Most of all, we'll have a defense that can prevent free points and take the football away to give our offense better opportunities. We'll have a special teams unit that will attack in all phases and win the field position battle. Those are a couple of things that you guys can expect to see us do."

Comment

Interesting 1st post in a thread in the General Discussion forum.
                            https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...e-in-titletown

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                              Interesting 1st post in a thread in the General Discussion forum.
                              https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...e-in-titletown
                              Amen

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X