Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Fla. at West Ga.

The weather is forecast to be perfect for tomorrow night’s game in the strangest rivalry the Argos have in the GSC. The visiting team has won every game in this series in both the regular season and the playoffs. This can’t go on forever, but I hope the streak continues this Saturday.

This is a huge game! Both teams have one loss in conference. This will really put one team in the conference behind the ball. To me although West Florida is good they seem up and down. West Ga will be mad after last week / should be a great game!

Comment

Originally posted by statesmen supporter View Post
      This is a huge game! Both teams have one loss in conference. This will really put one team in the conference behind the ball. To me although West Florida is good they seem up and down. West Ga will be mad after last week / should be a great game!
      Agreed. WG beat Argos last year but I think Argos come out and establish a run to open up their pass and the defense hopefully takes a leap. Goin with the argos here by 14.

Comment

Given the success Miss. College had running the ball with an OL that avg. 270-280 lbs. (vs. WG 270-280 avg.), I expect the Argos will continue their run emphasis with their bigger OL that avg. over 300 lbs. The Argos are now a running team this year and run 2 to 1 more than they pass, which surprised me. WG run/pass ratio is 50/50 and the Argos out rush Wolves by 60 yards/gm. and Wolves only out pass the Argos by 6 yards/gm. That also surprised me given how good the Wolves QB is and the closeness in yards is due to the Argos passing fewer times, but deeper when they do throw.

I'd have to give the QB edge to the Wolves QB since he can make all the throws and the Argo QB just seems to throw everything hard, which has led to interceptions when hard passes bounce off of Argo receivers into the opposing DB hands.The teams are even in just about everything else important statswise other than the style of how they get things done on offense. I'm sure that last week's games for both teams left a sour taste and that both are extremely motivated for this game. It should be a barn burner.

Comment

West Georgia slinging it today
          RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
          Delta State University, GSC

Comment

West Florida shooting themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers

Comment

Although West Georgia not taking advantage of the chances

Comment

Argo QB makes pull my hair out and yell for coach to yank him and then he does something breathtakingly great and you understand why coach keeps him in the game. Wolves playing better and more consistently and Argos making just enough big plays to stay in game. It’s anyone’s game at this point.

PS: I’m bald now.

Comment

Argo strip sack leads to Mason 20 yard TD. Argos up 21-14 in first minute second half.

Comment

Wolves respond with long scoring drive to tie it up at 21.

Comment

It’s a fun game to watch. Blazers.......... )#$@#$&*(*^$
                      <>

Comment

62 yd TD pass to Leggett. Argos up 28-21 with 6 minutes left in third quarter.

Comment

Teams swapping punts as 3 rd quarter ends.

Comment

Argos starting to even up turnovers with pick at own 35.

Comment

Durden makes spectacular leaping TD catch. Argos 35-21 early in 4th quarter.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X