Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blazers looking ahead

With Blazers looking to be loosing so many on Offense after this year, but not sure if some have another year due to China virus. We will be fairly inexperienced on O side, Jackson better hope his phone is still ringing for some top players wanting to come. We need some players ready to step up. Unfortunately I’m hearing some unsettling things going on and a lack of discipline. One thing we need is some speed on D, MC ran away from us several times. Course correction of a ship takes time, but Jackson needs to start showing he’s captain and get the ship turning.

Originally posted by vsukerosene View Post
    With Blazers looking to be loosing so many on Offense after this year, but not sure if some have another year due to China virus. We will be fairly inexperienced on O side, Jackson better hope his phone is still ringing for some top players wanting to come. We need some players ready to step up. Unfortunately I’m hearing some unsettling things going on and a lack of discipline. One thing we need is some speed on D, MC ran away from us several times. Course correction of a ship takes time, but Jackson needs to start showing he’s captain and get the ship turning.
    Well Spencer called out all the fans this morning on his radio show for having an opinion. I didn't realize opinions were no longer allowed, even though this is a fan board. However, I agree, I don't see our offense being able to put up enough points next year to make up for the lack of run defense. I guess we're just spoiled!

Comment

Originally posted by vsuman View Post

Well Spencer called out all the fans this morning on his radio show for having an opinion. I didn't realize opinions were no longer allowed, even though this is a fan board. However, I agree, I don't see our offense being able to put up enough points next year to make up for the lack of run defense. I guess we're just spoiled!
      What did he say on his radio show?
      Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post

What did he say on his radio show?
        Apparently he heard a lot of folks complaining at the game and possibly calling for the coaches job and he didn't like the comments because "fans" do not know whats going on within the program and therefore have no right to complain! (Paraphrasing).

Comment

Apparently he heard a lot of folks complaining at the game and possibly calling for the coaches job and he didn't like the comments because "fans" do not know whats going on within the program and therefore have no right to complain! (Paraphrasing).
          There has been A LOT of commentary on VSU Athletics Facebook page. It takes some time to read all the comments and replies.....unreal.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

There has been A LOT of commentary on VSU Athletics Facebook page. It takes some time to read all the comments and replies.....unreal.
            Wow! I expect that on here but not the VSU Ahtletics group page.

I'm a spoiled fan, I know that but "come on man" try something different on defense. At least make the opponent punt at least once!

Comment

I hear this in every sport for every team when they struggle. I think it is ridiculous to think people aren't allowed to discuss and state their opinions. I do ask particularly when we are talking about a college program to keep it respectful. We clearly have a lot of problems this year and it falls on the coach no doubt, but we should show a certain amount of class when voicing those opinions. For the record I am not saying anyone is or isn't just rebutting what Spencer apparently said.

Comment

Yeah, I haven't been through this in all my years as a VSU student or Alum......

Comment

Yeah, I haven't been through this in all my years as a VSU student or Alum......
                  Wow! I just read some of the comments. I gotta admit, even I'm not that hardcore. Some of these folks are just taking this too far. I'm disappointed, frustrated, and concerned for the future but some of these folks have gone off the deep end. Prime example where you should put the bottle down by 10:00 pm.

Comment

We haven't had a losing season since 1999. We have had 21 years of winning seasons.

#BlazerNation

Comment

VSU has a four-star running back on the roster currently in Tisdale. He isn't currently seeing much playing time due to the two seniors. They also have #24. The backup QB has shown good skills when he has played.

Only time will tell if Coach Jackson is in over his head or if this is just a blip on the radar. While the play calling has been suspect at times, the offense is still putting up plenty of points. If the defense's woes are mainly due to new/young players, then they should improve with age and experience. If it's poor coaching, then it's going to be a long road.

Comment

We haven't had a losing season since 1999. We have had 21 years of winning seasons.
                        It has been a good run, what we are going through happens to every school at some point. The key is how we handle it.

Comment

Has this man ever heard of football in the south? Lol. If he thinks fans aren’t going to have an opinion, he’s delusional.

D2 sometimes think they’re above the fray of online angst from golf-clapping fans and alumni. But they’re aren’t. UNA is getting a big taste of that right now. Folks want our coach fired and are finally getting vocal online!
                          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Has this man ever heard of football in the south? Lol. If he thinks fans aren’t going to have an opinion, he’s delusional.

D2 sometimes think they’re above the fray of online angst from golf-clapping fans and alumni. But they’re aren’t. UNA is getting a big taste of that right now. Folks want our coach fired and are finally getting vocal online!
                            I think fans are being more vocal everywhere.......maybe there's some kind of virus in the air........ lol.....

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Would you say and just your opinion. Has the overall transfer to D1-FCS been worth it from a success Stand point? Does anyone there mention / Miss D2 our is it just the good old forgotten days?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X