Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta State vs. West Georgia (5 Nov 22)

This is homecoming weekend for Delta State. Opposing teams always want to play spoiler during homecoming, and I'm sure UWG has that in mind.

This is a big game for both teams. Both teams have a lot to play for. DSU is looking to win the GSC title outright and earn a first round bye in the playoffs, and UWG is looking to make a case for playoff consideration. I believe if UWG wins their final 2 games they will make the playoffs. No slight to any other teams on DSU's schedule, but I think this will be DSU's toughest test of the season. Can our Statesmen stay motivated after the emotional high of beating an in-state rival and winning the GSC title?

PREVIEW: #6 Statesmen to Host West Georgia for Homecoming
    https://gostatesmen.com/news/2022/11...qrA9iOBl1-5HIA
    Last edited by CalifOKRA; 11-02-2022, 03:04 PM.
    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
    Delta State University, GSC

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
    This is homecoming weekend for Delta State. Opposing teams always want to play spoiler during homecoming, and I'm sure UWG has that in mind.

This is a big game for both teams. Both teams have a lot to play for. DSU is looking to win the GSC title outright and earn a first round bye in the playoffs, and UWG is looking to make a case for playoff consideration. I believe if UWG wins their final 2 games they will make the playoffs. No slight to any other teams on DSU's schedule, but I think this will be DSU's toughest test of the season. Can our Statesmen stay motivated after the emotional high of beating an in-state rival and winning the GSC title?
    LOOKING FORWARD to this game!!
    Would one of you Okra fans tell the announcer(that does Flo) to TURN UP THE VOLUME ON HIS MIC???????????????????

Comment

It will be a great game, but as far as toughest on schedule you had that a few weeks back when you snuck out of Pensacola with a Double OT win. Not taking away from West Georgia, but UWF is the better of those two. Maybe we may get to see a rematch between Delta State and UWF. Take away the turn overs, it’s a different game. I know, I know turnovers are a part of it. But some of those were freakish. Not who UWF is. I’d love to see both of them go at it again. Still going to be tough this weekend.

Comment

A win is a win! We will see UWF again! Hopefully in Cleveland. Should be a great against West Ga. They have a good QB and a good team. I think Delta is motivated and out to prove a point this year. Go Statesmen!!

Comment

I've been looking forward to this game. I'm very weary of it, because UWG always has our number. My memories on FB keep pointing to the year we were ranked #1 (2011 I believe). UWG was the last game of the season and we went to Carrolton and they beat us. I don't want that to happen this year! Let's go Statesmen!

Comment

I do not think the final GSC game impacts any of our playoff standings. Let me know if I am incorrect on that. I also agree with some others that UWF is a better team than UWG but we will find out if we can match the UWF effort (and breaks) come saturday. I think our team will be motivated but can they stay focused and locked in again this week. Being at home should certainly help. Keep your eyes on the weather...gusty winds / rain could have an impact espcially on special teams.

Comment

I think people are taking my post out of context. I do not believe UWG is a better team than UWF. This is all about DSU.

When I say toughest test of the season, I am not solely basing it on UWG. That's why I didn't say toughest game, toughest team, or best team. UWG is still no slouch. I am basing it on everything that is surrounding DSU football. DSU already won the GSC title, we are a lock for the playoffs, ranked #1 in the region, top 10 team in the nation, undefeated, and it's homecoming weekend. There are a lot of distractions and outside noise that have the potential to cause a let down or create complacency.

I am not saying that will happen, it's just thoughts. I believe Coach Cooley is coaching them up about all of that. I'm sure Cooley and his coaching staff, along with players, are doing their best to keep the team motivated.

Comment

Originally posted by DSUFamily View Post

I do not think the final GSC game impacts any of our playoff standings. Let me know if I am incorrect on that. I also agree with some others that UWF is a better team than UWG but we will find out if we can match the UWF effort (and breaks) come saturday. I think our team will be motivated but can they stay focused and locked in again this week. Being at home should certainly help. Keep your eyes on the weather...gusty winds / rain could have an impact espcially on special teams.
                Will get in with a loss but will affect our seating / possible first round bye

Comment

Originally posted by statesmen supporter View Post

Will get in with a loss but will affect our seating / possible first round bye
                  I agree with this! More than likely, DSU need to win out to earn that bye. They're in the playoffs regardless, but they're playing for that bye and home field advantage throughout Super Region 2.

Comment

I agree with this! More than likely, DSU need to win out to earn that bye. They're in the playoffs regardless, but they're playing for that bye and home field advantage throughout Super Region 2.
                    And hopefully beyond at home. Could be very special year, despite the fact most publications never cover DSU. SMH

Comment

Preview https://gostatesmen.com/news/2022/11...omecoming.aspx

Comment

Seems like the feed is acting up.
                        Disregard. The stream on my laptop is fine. Guess it’s just fire stick issues.

Comment

7-0 DSU
                          1st 9:14

Comment

7-7
                            1st 4:53