• Show
Clear All

• SR2 Playoffs

1. Benedict (bye)

4. Virginia Union vs. Wingate

2. Delta State vs. Fayetteville State

3. West Florida vs. Limestone
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Well I guess our less than stellar win over N Greenville helped Fayetteville State jump over WG into the SR2 playoffs. Also Limestone has 3 losses but coming from a winless season last year gives them a chance. Oh well along with VSU we wait until next year.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBraveWolf View Post
      Well I guess our less than stellar win over N Greenville helped Fayetteville State jump over WG into the SR2 playoffs. Also Limestone has 3 losses but coming from a winless season last year gives them a chance. Oh well along with VSU we wait until next year.
      Sorry, Wolves. It's hard for a 3rd team from a conference to make it i

#BlazerNation

Comment

Does Flo stream the playoffs for the GSC home teams? Or is it the NCAA or the school?
        RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
        Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Well I guess our less than stellar win over N Greenville helped Fayetteville State jump over WG into the SR2 playoffs. Also, Limestone has 3 losses but coming from a winless season last year gives them a chance. Oh well along with VSU we wait until next year.
          Fayetteville State winning the CIAA title game on a last-second FG seems to have swayed the committee in their favor. I was pulling for y'all to get in! One of Limestone's losses is against FCS but I guess they wanted to give the SAC a second team instead of the GSC three. It also didn't help the Wolves any for SOS that Carson-Newman was down again and Morehouse was terrible.
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Limestone actually has only 2 division II losses. The opening game was against DI Garder-Webb.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Sorry, Wolves. It's hard for a 3rd team from a conference to make it i

Being required to play N. Greenville twice who are 2-5 (in part because UWG wins twice) in the conference did nothing but hurt West Georgia. Everyone talks about the Mississippi loss, but until the commissioner and institutions fix this scheduling problem you will see unnecessary shortfalls again given the mathematical formulas. Also, an eleventh game regional win would have probably put West Georgia in the show.

I’m not convinced the right person is in the seat in Birmingham.

Comment

Find 11 D2 games and handle your business. You'll get in. Regardless, strong finish to a great season. Gonna miss these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post
                  Find 11 D2 games and handle your business. You'll get in. Regardless, strong finish to a great season. Gonna miss these guys.
                  I totally agree. I think 5 of 7 that got in had 11 games. I also say playing duplicate games is total cannibalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Call View Post

I totally agree. I think 5 of 7 that got in had 11 games. I also say playing duplicate games is total cannibalism.
                    So, any of your teams want to play a GLIAC school? Dates are available. GLIAC teams have been traveling and still can't fill 11 games. So most of the GLIAC played duplicate games the last 2 seasons.

Comment

The GSC can’t be the only conference struggling to make an 11 game D2 schedule. There has to be a scheduling alliance out there somewhere for the GSC.

I do know that the GSC is doing what it can to add football. The rumors of future departures to D1 don’t help in that task. No school wants to move up or start a program only to find themselves in the same circumstances that the current football members face.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

So, any of your teams want to play a GLIAC school? Dates are available. GLIAC teams have been traveling and still can't fill 11 games. So most of the GLIAC played duplicate games the last 2 seasons.
                        Not sure how out of region games help but would be better than playing losing programs or winning programs twice.

Comment

The members of the GAC school supposedly left due to reduce travel cost and other factors. There are to many conferences including the GAC that do the stupid silo scheduling. Open up your schedules GAC MIAA and others and prove how good your conference supposedly is! Silo schedules hurt and are stupid in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Call View Post

Not sure how out of region games help but would be better than playing losing programs or winning programs twice.
                            Totally agree. OOR games still are part of the SOS and overall w/l. And many of the GLIAC OOC games have been out of region. LR, CWU, CSM, PSU, AI, etc.

Comment

The Gulf South Conference has also started more cannibalism with basketball scheduling. Just wait. It started this weekend.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X