Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other three conferences in SR2 have divisional scheduling with 12/13 football members. The GSC has 8 teams and at an instant disadvantage when they can’t find 11 D2 (preferably in-region) games to schedule.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
      Does Flo stream the playoffs for the GSC home teams? Or is it the NCAA or the school?
      If a school streams a game it must be offered for free to the fans. I don’t know if Flo has that capability.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
        The other three conferences in SR2 have divisional scheduling with 12/13 football members. The GSC has 8 teams and at an instant disadvantage when they can’t find 11 D2 (preferably in-region) games to schedule.
        You are exactly right. The excuse is nobody wants to play in the GSC. I think the SAC was 1-2 against the GSC this season. I also think the SIAC was 3-5. Combine that with what the GSC is doing to itself and it’s suicide.

Comment

So, wait. Is everyone saying now that an 11 game schedule is now the norm? When did that happen? These players need a bye week.
          D2 needs to increase scholarships, then.
          ​​​

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post
            The GSC can’t be the only conference struggling to make an 11 game D2 schedule. There has to be a scheduling alliance out there somewhere for the GSC.

I do know that the GSC is doing what it can to add football. The rumors of future departures to D1 don’t help in that task. No school wants to move up or start a program only to find themselves in the same circumstances that the current football members face.
            I've thought all along that some of those rumors were from those "Misery loves company" folks

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
              So, wait. Is everyone saying now that an 11 game schedule is now the norm? When did that happen? These players need a bye week.
              ​​​
              Most every GSC team(VSU excluded) has had 11 game schedules for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Call View Post

Being required to play N. Greenville twice who are 2-5 (in part because UWG wins twice) in the conference did nothing but hurt West Georgia. Everyone talks about the Mississippi loss, but until the commissioner and institutions fix this scheduling problem you will see unnecessary shortfalls again given the mathematical formulas. Also, an eleventh game regional win would have probably put West Georgia in the show.

I’m not convinced the right person is in the seat in Birmingham.
                Please tell us exactly what should be done? Where is the GSC going to find any new teams? What leverage does it have to convince NAIA or D-III teams to increase their spending and join D-II? What leverage does it have to convince a non-football GSC team to add football?

The University of New Orleans student body just voted down an athletic fee increase to fund football.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

So, any of your teams want to play a GLIAC school? Dates are available. GLIAC teams have been traveling and still can't fill 11 games. So most of the GLIAC played duplicate games the last 2 seasons.
                  Not sure how much playing outside SR2 helps us.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                    ​​​
                    I’m not sure 11 games help. Will Hall played 11 games when he was coaching us. Six home games was nice. That extra game with the same GSC team can be a plus or a minus. In some ways I would have liked to played UWF again but would not like having two losses to the same team. Not sure we could have beaten Delta State twice like last year. It really hurt losing both UNA and Fla Tech.

Comment

Weird not seeing Valdosta State in the playoffs ! Will be pulling for UWF and Delta State to take it all the way !!!!

Comment

I'm shocked WG did not make the playoffs. That offense is the best I have seen in DII this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBraveWolf View Post

Not sure how much playing outside SR2 helps us.
                          It's not the best, but the only metric one loses out is the in regions W/L . That being said, I suspect that may be changing sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBraveWolf View Post

I’m not sure 11 games help. Will Hall played 11 games when he was coaching us. Six home games was nice. That extra game with the same GSC team can be a plus or a minus. In some ways I would have liked to played UWF again but would not like having two losses to the same team. Not sure we could have beaten Delta State twice like last year. It really hurt losing both UNA and Fla Tech.
                            It’s the math. Teams with 11 D2 games have a mathematical advantage entering the season over those that don’t. A team with a 10-1 record will have a higher winning percentage than a team that’s 8-1 (UWF’s D2 record this season).

Couple that with differences in SOS and it’s often time a recipe for missing the playoffs even after a good year. All because of the schedule.

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

So, any of your teams want to play a GLIAC school? Dates are available. GLIAC teams have been traveling and still can't fill 11 games. So most of the GLIAC played duplicate games the last 2 seasons.
                              This is when the conferences need to get together and look for combined travel solutions and help mitigate the expenses. I think it would be good for both conferences but some careful planning and strategic thinking would need to happen.

An easy possible solution would be for the NCAA to put a greater emphasis on OOC and/or out of region wins and require some OOC D2 games to qualify for the playoffs. Some schools would find travel money then!

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerDoc View Post
                                Weird not seeing Valdosta State in the playoffs ! Will be pulling for UWF and Delta State to take it all the way !!!!
                                Definitely

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X