Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should have been playing Fort Valley this past weekend instead of UNG for a second time. The winner would likely have gotten in the field. The conferences could set that up

Comment

UWG didn't get in a myriad of reasons IMO. But like Witt said somewhere else, I don't think the Wolves were even in the discussion when it came down to it.

1. They had 2 wins over teams with a winning record (Delta and Carson-Newman)

2. Lost to a 3 win Mississippi College team (d2 record only)

3. Combined record of teams they beat outside of CN and DSU? 18-42. Blame the bad GSC teams.

4. Their Performance Indicator score 11th in the region. And the SOS+W% was 10th.

5. I'm not sure if a 11th game (and a presumed victory) over Fort Valley would've helped or not but I'm sure InkBlot could chime in there on if it would've put the Wolves of Carrollton in.

Comment

That being said, UWG was the most talented team I saw CN play this year. So who in the Holy Name of Dolly Parton knows

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
          UWG didn't get in a myriad of reasons IMO. But like Witt said somewhere else, I don't think the Wolves were even in the discussion when it came down to it.

1. They had 2 wins over teams with a winning record (Delta and Carson-Newman)
          Fayetteville State beat one team with a winning record all season. They defeated Chowan twice. That's it.

Sooooo, wtf!?
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Fayetteville State beat one team with a winning record all season. They defeated Chowan twice. That's it.

Sooooo, wtf!?
            Sounds like a 70-0 win for OKRA

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
              I'm not sure if a 11th game (and a presumed victory) over Fort Valley would've helped or not but I'm sure InkBlot could chime in there on if it would've put the Wolves of Carrollton in.
              Absolutely would've helped.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Sounds like a 70-0 win for OKRA
                Minimum. I think the backup cheer team will be in by mid 2nd quarter

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Absolutely would've helped.
                  Enough to put them in? Thanks boss!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Sooooo, wtf!?
                    And play in the CIAA south. Hell if I know lol

Comment

Originally posted by Will Call View Post

Being required to play N. Greenville twice who are 2-5 (in part because UWG wins twice) in the conference did nothing but hurt West Georgia. Everyone talks about the Mississippi loss, but until the commissioner and institutions fix this scheduling problem you will see unnecessary shortfalls again given the mathematical formulas. Also, an eleventh game regional win would have probably put West Georgia in the show.

I’m not convinced the right person is in the seat in Birmingham.
                      I second that. Is it the GSC presidents who have the power over the Commish?

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

If a school streams a game it must be offered for free to the fans. I don’t know if Flo has that capability.
                        I imagine they have the capability but I doubt they have the inclination.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                          So, wait. Is everyone saying now that an 11 game schedule is now the norm? When did that happen? These players need a bye week.
                          D2 needs to increase scholarships, then.
                          ​​​
                          It’d be interesting to see how many schools in the conference (and nationwide) that can afford and do fully fund the scholarships allowed (is it 34 in D2?).

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

It’d be interesting to see how many schools in the conference (and nationwide) that can afford and do fully fund the scholarships allowed (is it 34 in D2?).
                            Not sure.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Close! D2 is 36.
                              https://www.ncsasports.org/football/scholarships
                              RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                              Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                                Does Flo stream the playoffs for the GSC home teams? Or is it the NCAA or the school?
                                I don’t think they do. Almost sure. I will check and post the answer

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X