Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't recall who it was years ago on the board that proposed the idea of giving all conference champs an AQ, then taking the best teams regardless of conference next. It was a neat idea but IDK of any "plan" that makes everyone happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post

The selection committee has been infiltrated with politically correct people who want diversity not the best teams. It the way things are now for better or worse and opinions will very accordingly. I personally think if the GSC has four teams better than any other conference in SR2 they should be in po. That goes for any conference in D2. I think Fayetteville state was given the po spot and did not earn it. I also have the same issue with Limestone.
      who/what determines what conference has better teams in a given year? I will admit I don't all the in and outs of the playoff selection but should the fourth best team in conference really be rewarded with a playoff birth. I could see top 3.

Comment

The selection committee has been infiltrated with politically correct people who want diversity not the best teams. It the way things are now for better or worse and opinions will very accordingly. I personally think if the GSC has four teams better than any other conference in SR2 they should be in po. That goes for any conference in D2. I think Fayetteville state was given the po spot and did not earn it. I also have the same issue with Limestone.

This weekend (In SR2) should give us a clear picture of who deserves to be there. One of them ain't gonna be pretty, maybe both.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBraveWolf View Post
          Well I guess our less than stellar win over N Greenville helped Fayetteville State jump over WG into the SR2 playoffs. Also Limestone has 3 losses but coming from a winless season last year gives them a chance. Oh well along with VSU we wait until next year.
          Time for basketball!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Winner of the Delta State-West Florida game (and yes, they will meet) will ultimately win the region and head to the national semifinals. That's what the smart money says.

And look for Benedict to lose to the winner of the VUU-Wingate game. Paper tiger down there in Columbia.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBraveWolf View Post
                Well I guess our less than stellar win over N Greenville helped Fayetteville State jump over WG into the SR2 playoffs. Also Limestone has 3 losses but coming from a winless season last year gives them a chance. Oh well along with VSU we wait until next year.
                One of those losses for Limestone was the season opener against D1 Gardner-Webb. Does not count toward their numbers as far as entry to the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
                  If the goal is for the best 7 teams in the Super Region to be in the playoffs it seems a bit off that they’d put a 3 loss Limestone team in ahead of a 2 loss West Georgia team.

West Georgia had a 1 point loss to MC and lost outright to W Fla, but finished the season with 5 straight wins, including a strong win over Delta.

Regardless, I’ll be deer hunting all weekend cause my team has a bye for the rest of the season.

That makes two of us hunting. I’m trying to bag a nice 8 point but he seems to only come out at night. Hopefully the rut will bring him to me. Good luck to you and the GSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Call View Post

Being required to play N. Greenville twice who are 2-5 (in part because UWG wins twice) in the conference did nothing but hurt West Georgia. Everyone talks about the Mississippi loss, but until the commissioner and institutions fix this scheduling problem you will see unnecessary shortfalls again given the mathematical formulas. Also, an eleventh game regional win would have probably put West Georgia in the show.

I’m not convinced the right person is in the seat in Birmingham.
                    At one time our AD was on the SR2 selection committee. That always helps, I am sure Delta State would not want to see us again.

Comment

Wingate 32, Virginia Union 7

Delta State 51, Fayetteville State 0

West Florida 45, Limestone 19

Next week :

Wingate @ Benedict
                      UWF @ DSU
                      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Didn’t realize Va. Union was that much over rated. Figured Fayetteville was and I would be surprised if Benedict makes it close in there game coming up. Its apparent and shows how the selection committee does not care about the seven best teams they just want participants from all conferences regardless of whether they leave out a better team. To me this solidified my opinion for eight teams and no bye in each region. Regional would have been better with west ga and Newberry involved. Take out Fayetteville and Limestone and add Mars Hill or LR.

Comment

[QUOTE=Larold;n719142]

This weekend (In SR2) should give us a clear picture of who deserves to be there. One of them ain't gonna be pretty, maybe both.[/B]

If you look back over the last 10 years, the GSC teams usually represent SR2. Look at the scores today, UWF and Delta State destroyed their opponents. Any year the top 3 GSC teams should be in the playoffs.

Comment

Didn’t realize Va. Union was that much over rated. Figured Fayetteville was and I would be surprised if Benedict makes it close in there game coming up. Its apparent and shows how the selection committee does not care about the seven best teams they just want participants from all conferences regardless of whether they leave out a better team. To me this solidified my opinion for eight teams and no bye in each region. Regional would have been better with west ga and Newberry involved. Take out Fayetteville and Limestone and add Mars Hill or LR.
                            This is why regionalization is terrible. D2 would have a much better playoff product by putting the best teams in the field.

In FCS, conferences get an AQ and then the best teams get in at large in a national field. Last season, the Missouri Valley Football Conference had 6 teams in the playoffs and the Big Sky had 5 because their conferences are so strong.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I don't see how an 8th team argument does anything. How does adding yet another team to get blown out help lol.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

This is why regionalization is terrible. D2 would have a much better playoff product by putting the best teams in the field.

In FCS, conferences get an AQ and then the best teams get in at large in a national field. Last season, the Missouri Valley Football Conference had 6 teams in the playoffs and the Big Sky had 5 because their conferences are so strong.
                                If you did that for this year, gave AQ to Champs, I still think 80% of your current playoff field is the same teams. Right? Maybe more?

People would still find something to complain about regardless because then there would be 4 MIAA and 3 GSC and 3 Gliac teams etc. Youd just have a lot more 2 bid leagues become 1 theoretically.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X