Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average MOV today? 23 points. Woooooooof

Comment

Can we stop putting CIAA teams in the playoffs yet?

Comment

the average MOV in region 3 was over 30 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post
          Can we stop putting CIAA teams in the playoffs yet?
          Bowie went to the region finals just last year. smh

Comment

The big robbery is against West Georgia. They beat Delta by 10 and would have won again. Delta can’t beat UWG in their best year. Their record against UWG is not good under current staff. These other weak conferences need different selection rules. Cross over and play the GSC! Congratulations GSC. A great butt kicking today.

The committee jumped West Georgia and picked Fayetteville State and they look really stupid right now. West Georgia got punished for losing to Mississippi College in the GSC. Mississippi College would have also won both games today in SR2 defending the GSC.
            Last edited by Will Call; 11-19-2022, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stillabulldog View Post
              the average MOV in region 3 was over 30 points.
              I was kind of surprised Northwest spanked Ouachita. Not that NW isn't good obviously but I didn't think they'd beat em by 4 scores

Comment

Originally posted by stillabulldog View Post

Bowie went to the region finals just last year. smh
                Somebody must have a selective memory lol. That's a bold omission to make.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

It’s not a bold omission, BSU beat two SAC teams last year and got thumped by Valdosta State. The CIAA winning multiple playoff games in a season is rare. Kudos to them.

But the scores of both games today are lopsided and have been in many other seasons.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

It’s not a bold omission, BSU beat two SAC teams last year and got thumped by Valdosta State. The CIAA winning multiple playoff games in a season is rare. Kudos to them.

But the scores of both games today are lopsided and have been in many other seasons.
                    If you think about it, Valdosta did them a favor. Imagine how bad Ferris would've beaten Bowie! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Even a blind squirrel....

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

I was kind of surprised Northwest spanked Ouachita. Not that NW isn't good obviously but I didn't think they'd beat em by 4 scores
                        Wasn’t shocked in the slightest. You can count on one hand how many times the GAC has won a playoff game. NW has too much experience in the postseason.

Comment

I don't see how an 8th team argument does anything. How does adding yet another team to get blown out help lol.
                          Take this year and put WGa. In at eight and playing Benedict the one seed and then playing Wingate and what do you have is a better playoffs. Or put Newberry in at eight. Its a way to correct some mistake of an overrated team in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post

Take this year and put WGa. In at eight and playing Benedict the one seed and then playing Wingate and what do you have is a better playoffs. Or put Newberry in at eight. Its a way to correct some mistake of an overrated team in the playoffs.
                            Well except West Georgia wasn't going to be 8th. If you go by InkBlot's numbers they were 10th. Fort Valley would've been that 8 spot most likely based on W%+SOS.

Here is the projected 1 vs. 8 matchups, all expected to be at least two scores wins for the 1 seed.
                            IUP vs. Concord- Massey has IUP winning by 15 with a 78% win probability.
                            Benedict vs. Fort Valley- Massey has Benedict winning by 16 with a 84% win probability. Benedict already beat FV by a zillion.
                            Grand Valley vs. Truman- Massey has Grand Valley winning by 24 with a 94% win probability. 24 wouldn't be enough.
                            Angelo State vs. Sioux Falls- Massey has Angelo State winning by 25 with a 94% win probability.

I just don't agree. Division III has the 1 seeds play in the first round. They won by a combined 204-0 this past weekend.

Comment

Well except West Georgia wasn't going to be 8th. If you go by InkBlot's numbers they were 10th. Fort Valley would've been that 8 spot most likely based on W%+SOS.

Here is the projected 1 vs. 8 matchups, all expected to be at least two scores wins for the 1 seed.
                              IUP vs. Concord- Massey has IUP winning by 15 with a 78% win probability.
                              Benedict vs. Fort Valley- Massey has Benedict winning by 16 with a 84% win probability. Benedict already beat FV by a zillion.
                              Grand Valley vs. Truman- Massey has Grand Valley winning by 24 with a 94% win probability. 24 wouldn't be enough.
                              Angelo State vs. Sioux Falls- Massey has Angelo State winning by 25 with a 94% win probability.

I just don't agree. Division III has the 1 seeds play in the first round. They won by a combined 204-0 this past weekend.
                              Well dern I thought it made sense but forgot that the ranking system is not that accurate. Who would be your top eight teams if they said for to pick ‘‘em however you feel like. I would go with WFLA Delta Newberry WGa Wingate Benedict LR Va Union. Those would be some pretty good games. WFla Delta Newberry WGa. That would be a great final four.

Comment

I would rather contract to 24 than expand to 32.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X