Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’re not putting your top teams in the postseason when teams that are ranked in multiple Top 25 polls are left out of the field.

While I know that no polls but Regional Rankings matter in the D2 Regionalization Model, they have proven to be a failure year after year.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
      You’re not putting your top teams in the postseason when teams that are ranked in multiple Top 25 polls are left out of the field.

While I know that no polls but Regional Rankings matter in the D2 Regionalization Model, they have proven to be a failure year after year.
      Well it is unfortunate that Harding got left out. Truman was pretty stout too.

Comment

Having seen the NAIA's system, I don't want polls to come anywhere near the playoff selection process. Improve the criteria if there's a way to do so, but make it clear what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post

Well dern I thought it made sense but forgot that the ranking system is not that accurate. Who would be your top eight teams if they said for to pick ‘‘em however you feel like. I would go with WFLA Delta Newberry WGa Wingate Benedict LR Va Union. Those would be some pretty good games. WFla Delta Newberry WGa. That would be a great final four.
          I agree but if so why will Newberry not play UWG in regular season?

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Somebody must have a selective memory lol. That's a bold omission to make.
            The irony of you giving one example versus the countless change that never made it past the first round int the context of selective memory. In that same year Bowie State got trounced by VSU who spanked uwg who beat Albany state. Beck in the day Virginia State didn't give West Georgia a game after the first drive, even with Trent Cannon. GSC first round blowouts are few and far between. CIAA, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Call View Post

I agree but if so why will Newberry not play UWG in regular season?
              Don’t know the answer to that one. Maybe you guys could schedule Wingate at their place. I think they have played at WGa. I would think LR would be interested in a schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Well it is unfortunate that Harding got left out. Truman was pretty stout too.
                Sounds like we should have eight teams with no byes.

Comment

Sounds like we should have eight teams with no byes.
                  No. Because neither of those teams comes within three touchdowns of Grand Valley.

Comment

Don’t know the answer to that one. Maybe you guys could schedule Wingate at their place. I think they have played at WGa. I would think LR would be interested in a schedule.
                    I hope so! LR and WG would be a great home and home. So would Wingate. My point is cross over and prove you deserve to be in the dance. WG may be the only team that was capable of beating Delta State this year and gets left out of the playoffs at 8-2 behind really bad teams that play really bad teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Call View Post

I hope so! LR and WG would be a great home and home. So would Wingate. My point is cross over and prove you deserve to be in the dance. WG may be the only team that was capable of beating Delta State this year and gets left out of the playoffs at 8-2 behind really bad teams that play really bad teams.
                      Listen, I said all year West Georgia was the best team I saw Carson-Newman play.

Having said that, don't blow a two score lead on homecoming to Mississippi College and you'd be in. It's rather simple. Rather than blaming the committee like others have or spouting the "they had to be politically correct" nonsense, which is exactly what it is, handle your business and win the games your supposed to. Same goes for a lot of other schools too. Don't give them a reason to not include you.

Comment

• Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Listen, I said all year West Georgia was the best team I saw Carson-Newman play.

Having said that, don't blow a two score lead on homecoming to Mississippi College and you'd be in. It's rather simple. Rather than blaming the committee like others have or spouting the "they had to be politically correct" nonsense, which is exactly what it is, handle your business and win the games your supposed to. Same goes for a lot of other schools too. Don't give them a reason to not include you.
                        You can spout this BS on every forum D2 has but the facts are that the committee has consistently put teams in the field that don’t belong. It happens every year in every region.

The top conferences dominate the field in most years and deserve more teams in over PC earned access and such.

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNALions View Post

You can spout this BS on every forum D2 has but the facts are that the committee has consistently put teams in the field that don’t belong. It happens every year in every region.

The top conferences dominate the field in most years and deserve more teams in over PC earned access and such.
                          What criteria would you suggest?

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

What criteria would you suggest?
                            Scrap regionalization for starters. It only started because two title games in the 80s featured teams from the same conference. NDSU played South Dakota (both from the old NCC) the first year the game was hosted in Florence in 86 and Miss College and Jax State (both GSC) faced off in 89. Regionalization and earned access are basically the affirmative action of D2 football. Do away with them.

Also, add eligibility criteria that teams must play a certain number of non-conference D2 games. At least one or two. Silo scheduling is horrible especially when trying to determine a more accurate formula for SOS.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNALions View Post

I'd agree here. However having 1 or 2 really great teams doesn't mean the rest of the league is worth anything. And regardless of what system is in place, you still have to win the games your supposed to. That's facts.

If you still have the human element deciding who gets in the playoffs, regions or not, you still are going to routinely have teams who get left out who maybe should have made it. look at fcs or even fbs with the 4 team playoff.

I like your proposals personally, but I don't see it happening. It's the NCAA we're talking about. If you have a good idea they take it out back, pump it full of lead, bury it 6 feet deep and shoot the ground to make sure lol. As long as the human polls aren't involved. Or at least the coaches poll that is never filled out by coaches

Comment

• Originally posted by canadarican View Post

I'd agree here. However having 1 or 2 really great teams doesn't mean the rest of the league is worth anything. And regardless of what system is in place, you still have to win the games your supposed to. That's facts.

If you still have the human element deciding who gets in the playoffs, regions or not, you still are going to routinely have teams who get left out who maybe should have made it. look at fcs or even fbs with the 4 team playoff.

I like your proposals personally, but I don't see it happening. It's the NCAA we're talking about. If you have a good idea they take it out back, pump it full of lead, bury it 6 feet deep and shoot the ground to make sure lol. As long as the human polls aren't involved. Or at least the coaches poll that is never filled out by coaches
                                We’re talking about division presidents really. The NCAA runs both the D2 and FCS playoffs. Very different criteria.
                                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X