Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canadarican View Post

SAC had a limit of 25 for YEARS. I still don't know how many were using that much less 36 now
    Yep, it was great to see that conference max limit of 25 lifted, unfortunately, in doing so, they never imposed any minimum requirements.

Comment

Listen, I said all year West Georgia was the best team I saw Carson-Newman play.

Having said that, don't blow a two score lead on homecoming to Mississippi College and you'd be in. It's rather simple. Rather than blaming the committee like others have or spouting the "they had to be politically correct" nonsense, which is exactly what it is, handle your business and win the games your supposed to. Same goes for a lot of other schools too. Don't give them a reason to not include you.
      51-0 with the 7th seed. Add 10 point victory West Georgia had over Delta State and that is a 61 point difference. No way to explain the criteria or decisions that were used.

Mississippi College would beat Fayetteville State on any day. This has proven that staying in the basement until the playoffs does not work. There has to be new criteria for playoff selection. West Georgia has one bad day in their own conference and they are punished, yet they handle Delta and it means nothing? Delta beats West Florida, West Florida beats West Georgia, West Georgia beats Delta. There is the formula for the playoffs. All three were top programs all season. That is what we call the Gulf South Conference. Something other programs avoid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Call View Post

51-0 with the 7th seed. Add 10 point victory West Georgia had over Delta State and that is a 61 point difference. No way to explain the criteria or decisions that were used.

Mississippi College would beat Fayetteville State on any day. This has proven that staying in the basement until the playoffs does not work. There has to be new criteria for playoff selection. West Georgia has one bad day in their own conference and they are punished, yet they handle Delta and it means nothing? Delta beats West Florida, West Florida beats West Georgia, West Georgia beats Delta. There is the formula for the playoffs. All three were top programs all season. That is what we call the Gulf South Conference. Something other programs avoid.
        I wouldn't say you handled Delta. Lol. Handled would be what Delta did to Fayetteville. You were down 18 and had a furious comeback in the 4th quarter. The last score was a fumble recovery to make the game look further than it actually was. DSU choked that game away.

and you are right about the playing gsc schools. Outside of Carson-Newman I don't remember the last time a SAC school scheduled a GSC. Eagles have done it four years in a row I believe. At least the SIAC schools will do that some. CIAA dodges it like the plague. UWG had the 28th SOS in the region.

Comment

I wouldn't say you handled Delta. Lol. Handled would be what Delta did to Fayetteville. You were down 18 and had a furious comeback in the 4th quarter. The last score was a fumble recovery to make the game look further than it actually was. DSU choked that game away.

and you are right about the playing gsc schools. Outside of Carson-Newman I don't remember the last time a SAC school scheduled a GSC. Eagles have done it four years in a row I believe. At least the SIAC schools will do that some. CIAA dodges it like the plague. UWG had the 28th SOS in the region.
          LR played West Alabama home and away in 18-19. Other than that all our other matches were po games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
            LR played West Alabama home and away in 18-19. Other than that all our other matches were po games.
            Did they really? I completely forgot about that!

Comment

• FINAL: Wingate 23, Benedict 6
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                FINAL: Wingate 23, Benedict 6
                DSU should have definitely been the #1 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shugley View Post

DSU should have definitely been the #1 seed.
                  Yep. And this GSC matchup should have happened next week.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Wingate @ UWF for the Regional Championship game next week.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• If you are hosting UWF in a playoff game and they show up in the all white uniforms...do you go ahead and call it a day? LOL jk

Comment

If you are hosting UWF in a playoff game and they show up in the all white uniforms...do you go ahead and call it a day? LOL jk
                        In 19 they beat us at home 43-38 in a very exciting game. There qb was a great player. We had a chance just couldn’t quite get there. And correct my self on the year we played west Alabama was 17-18. I actually think Wingate will be very competitive in this coming game.

Comment

In 19 they beat us at home 43-38 in a very exciting game. There qb was a great player. We had a chance just couldn’t quite get there. And correct my self on the year we played west Alabama was 17-18.
                          19 was the year CN played them first game of the year too. 2nd leg of a home and home

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                            https://www.patreon.com/posts/75101887

Earlier this year, Logan Hansen created a new SOS system for D3 football (and other sports). The main effect of it is to be more reflective of conference strength when non-conference games are limited (of course it can't do anything about silos... no SOS system can).

Applying it to D2, I found that it had little impact in super regions 1, 3, and 4. But in SR2 the changes are extreme: the GSC teams' SOS gets a big boost, while that of the SIAC and especially the CIAA plummets.
                            Check out this post in the General Forum from Inkblot with a great article by him. Details of information most of us already realized. Now you'll see the data! Wow.

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• I think it’s very obvious why SR2 is messed up and its all about two conferences that are historically not putting forth worthy po participants. CIAA and SIAC have learned how to beat the system and or the system has been fixed to ensure that you can qualify for po with a week schedule. The only way to fix this is by earning your status with out of conference games against good teams from other conferences. The SAC needs to also schedule more out of conference games with GSC and SIAC.

Comment

I think it’s very obvious why SR2 is messed up and its all about two conferences that are historically not putting forth worthy po participants. CIAA and SIAC have learned how to beat the system and or the system has been fixed to ensure that you can qualify for po with a week schedule. The only way to fix this is by earning your status with out of conference games against good teams from other conferences. The SAC needs to also schedule more out of conference games with GSC and SIAC.
                                I don’t agree with the notion that the CIAA and SIAC have historically put up unworthy PO participants and the notion that the aforementioned conferences have figured out a way to finesse the system is goofy... I can’t speak for other institutions but as far as Albany State... we have consistently been a threat in the PO... not to mention have consistently scheduled OOC games with the GSC... and currently still do and have had success playing teams in the GSC....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X