Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
    I think it’s very obvious why SR2 is messed up and its all about two conferences that are historically not putting forth worthy po participants. CIAA and SIAC have learned how to beat the system and or the system has been fixed to ensure that you can qualify for po with a week schedule. The only way to fix this is by earning your status with out of conference games against good teams from other conferences. The SAC needs to also schedule more out of conference games with GSC and SIAC.
    I have to reference my post from last month on the SAC forum.

The GSC has won the super region every year over the last decade except for 2013 during LR's run to the national championship game.

During that time these are the conference records against GSC teams in SR2 finals games (and two seasons GSC teams played each other in the SR2 finals) (also note the CIAA just came back to SR2 in 2017):
    • SAC: 1-4
    • SIAC: 0-1
    • CIAA: 0-1
    • Ind: 0-1
    It's very obvious that none of the other three conferences are putting forward worthy playoff participants if the GSC has won 90% of the last 10 regional championships. Please don't try to paint the picture that the SAC is in the same class as the GSC. It's the GSC and then everyone else. There are ebbs and flows amongst teams in the other three conferences, but this year was a perfect example of how superior the GSC is. 51-0, 45-19, and 45-14 were the scores of GSC playoff games versus the other SR 2 conferences. If you think the SAC is worthy because they have been the GSC whipping boy in the finals more often than other conferences then I will let you have that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASURamFan View Post

I don’t agree with the notion that the CIAA and SIAC have historically put up unworthy PO participants and the notion that the aforementioned conferences have figured out a way to finesse the system is goofy... I can’t speak for other institutions but as far as Albany State... we have consistently been a threat in the PO... not to mention have consistently scheduled OOC games with the GSC... and currently still do and have had success playing teams in the GSC....
      If I counted correctly, Albany State is 3-12 in playoff games.

Of those three wins, one was over Southen Arkansas. One was over Arkansas Tech. The third was over Wingate.

Comment

• Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

I have to reference my post from last month on the SAC forum.

The GSC has won the super region every year over the last decade except for 2013 during LR's run to the national championship game.

During that time these are the conference records against GSC teams in SR2 finals games (and two seasons GSC teams played each other in the SR2 finals) (also note the CIAA just came back to SR2 in 2017):
        • SAC: 1-4
        • SIAC: 0-1
        • CIAA: 0-1
        • Ind: 0-1
        It's very obvious that none of the other three conferences are putting forward worthy playoff participants if the GSC has won 90% of the last 10 regional championships. Please don't try to paint the picture that the SAC is in the same class as the GSC. It's the GSC and then everyone else. There are ebbs and flows amongst teams in the other three conferences, but this year was a perfect example of how superior the GSC is. 51-0, 45-19, and 45-14 were the scores of GSC playoff games versus the other SR 2 conferences. If you think the SAC is worthy because they have been the GSC whipping boy in the finals more often than other conferences then I will let you have that one.
        Amen as all this domination has killed the GSC under the playoff criteria rules. If any team has a week with flu and loses a weak SOS game but is 8-2 and beats the dominant team in the region and does not make the playoffs there is a problem. Football in the GSC will be much different in just a few years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X