Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will West Florida host the semi-final game?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will West Florida host the semi-final game?

What are the match-up for next Saturday and where?
    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

I asked this question of experts earlier in week and it looks good for Shepherd at Ferris and Mines at West Florida. Crossing fingers, holding breath and throwing salt over shoulder to help it along!!!

Comment

This is how I expect the seeding:

Comment

So Shepherd at West Florida. I'm good with that. I'd take Georgia at West Florida as long as the game is in Pensacola I'll be happy. (Please don't actually send Georgia to Pen Air Field.)
        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

According to Twitter, UWF is headed to Ferris

Comment

#4 West Florida at #1 Ferris State
            #3 Shepherd at #2 Colorado Mines

Comment

Wow. That's some BS. LOL. Wow. How is a 2-loss team hosting a semi game????

Storm Troopers it is.
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

There is zero knowledge of D2 football by whoever seeded this. It's hard to put into words what a joke it is.
                * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

What???? Is this official???

#BlazerNation

Comment

Just thankful they didn't give us the 5th seed. Nice of them to allow us to be in the field of 4.
                    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                      Just thankful they didn't give us the 5th seed. Nice of them to allow us to be in the field of 4.
                      This season has proven that D2 football is broken.
                      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                        Wow. That's some BS. LOL. Wow. How is a 2-loss team hosting a semi game????

Storm Troopers it is.
                        Less and less things make sense with Division 2's decisions as it pertains tp the playoffs, and which teams are selected, etc. SR2 proved this fact as we seen yesterday a pretty much undeserving matchup, where the better team basically went unchallenged, with the final score reflecting WF's Coach Shinnick's compassion (and class) in calling the dogs off early.

It appears to many, I'm sure as though the SR2 selection committee's decisions were not based on rewarding the best teams in the region with a deserving slot into the playoffs. Again, I'm sure the West Georgia fans watched yesterday's matchup knowing that in a more realistic world, their team should have been playing in Pensacola in that game.

In the future, I hope whoever's on the SR2 selection committee, that they realistically take into consideration not only a team's record, but also who they played to obtain that record, and the SR2 allows the best teams to compete and move forward in the D2 playoffs towards playing for a National Championship.

With that being said, West Florida were without a doubt deserving of their SR2 playoff placement, and I wish the Argos the very best moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Less and less things make sense with Division 2's decisions as it pertains tp the playoffs, and which teams are selected, etc. SR2 proved this fact as we seen yesterday a pretty much undeserving matchup, where the better team basically went unchallenged, with the final score reflecting WF's Coach Shinnick's compassion (and class) in calling the dogs off early.

It appears to many, I'm sure as though the SR2 selection committee's decisions were not based on rewarding the best teams in the region with a deserving slot into the playoffs. Again, I'm sure the West Georgia fans watched yesterday's matchup knowing that in a more realistic world, their team should have been playing in Pensacola in that game.

In the future, I hope whoever's on the SR2 selection committee, that they realistically take into consideration not only a team's record, but also who they played to obtain that record, and the SR2 allows the best teams to compete and move forward in the D2 playoffs towards playing for a National Championship.

With that being said, West Florida were without a doubt deserving of their SR2 playoff placement, and I wish the Argos the very best moving forward.
                          The criteria needs to be changed, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The criteria needs to be changed, obviously.
                            Yeah, like don't schedule teams like this for your OOC and wonder why you get "hosed".

https://warnerroyals.com/sports/football/schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Yeah, like don't schedule teams like this for your OOC and wonder why you get "hosed".

https://warnerroyals.com/sports/football/schedule
                              Finding teams to play is a huge issue which is why the GSC scheduled a very weird repeat opponent the last week of this season. But, for the purpose of playoff criteria, playing a non-D2 game doesn’t factor into much. It’s basically a scrimmage game whether it is NAIA or FCS - which UWF scheduled and defeated last season.
                              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X