Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaleb Nobles is new UWF HC

Former Valdosta State and UWF QB Kaleb Nobles will take over the Argos program. I remember his awesome career here as their first QB!

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Wow! Best of luck to him!
    Just not too much luck against DSU.
    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

From FootballScoop:
      In 2016, Kaleb Nobles was the first quarterback West Florida ever had. In 2023, he'll be the program's second-ever head coach.
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

That’s both a surprise and not a surprise. Glad Argo administration acted quick to enable recruiting and it looks like UWF will be passing the ball again with Coach Nobles in charge. He called the offense during the 2019 championship season.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
          That’s both a surprise and not a surprise. Glad Argo administration acted quick to enable recruiting and it looks like UWF will be passing the ball again with Coach Nobles in charge. He called the offense during the 2019 championship season.
          I think it's a great hire. I was pretty shocked when they said "alum" and he instantly popped into my brain. I was covering the conference during his time there and got to see it all unfold each week at home games. He was already a coach at that point. He'd played on several Valdosta teams and knew the GSU inside and out. It was the perfect fit back then and I think it's a great way to continue moving that tradition forward.

Sometimes you have to move away and get a different experience before you can get the top job and that's exactly what he did. Great timing to get two years in at Clemson.

Bringing in someone totally different can be very scary. This allows for more stability. He's also very youthful, passionate, and his wife's also an alum. This is a great hire today.

Now, the results are going to need to stay the same too, though. LOL. The honeymoon will quickly end if they're not.
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Congrats Argos. You got a quality guy there!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

First things that pop in my mind when I think of Kaleb are high character, high integrity, intense competitor, great work ethic, phenomenal leader and tremendous football DNA and IQ.

That’s a great hire for UWF.

Comment

From all indications a great move.
                I mentioned earlier that some of us felt like the word was out about losing the HC and probably affected P/O game.
                As fast as this happened it leaves (IMHO) little doubt about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

I mentioned earlier that some of us felt like the word was out about losing the HC and probably affected P/O game.
                  UWF folks know ive been around long enough that this isnt an insult.....but I don't buy that. It comes off as making excuses for getting smacked.

Like when SEC teams lose a new year's 6 bowl (Georgia when they lost to Texas and Auburn when they lost to UCF for example) and people claim "they didn't really wanna be there".

It's just an excuse. If the Argos had won had won not a word would've been said.

Comment

[QUOTE=canadarican;n728417]

UWF folks know ive been around long enough that this isnt an insult.....but I don't buy that. It comes off as making excuses for getting smacked.

Like when SEC teams lose a new year's 6 bowl (Georgia when they lost to Texas and Auburn when they lost to UCF for example) and people claim "they didn't really wanna be there".

It's just an excuse. If the Argos had won had won not a word would've been said. [/Q UOTE]

No excuses intended from my post. The group I speak with aren't even UWF fans, but they are True Blue GSC fans. Our theory was(is) based on the fact that none of us had ever seen a UWF team that listless. From delay of game and other mental missteps to trying to run a 145 lb RB up the middle time after time.when obviously it wasn't working.
                    It just seemed something was way off. We had no idea there was a coaching change in the works, but we felt something was a distraction. (could have been weather,fatique, or whatever,) but something was not Argo-like.

Comment

[QUOTE=Larold;n728424]
                      Originally posted by canadarican View Post

It's just an excuse. If the Argos had won had won not a word would've been said. [/Q UOTE]

No excuses intended from my post. The group I speak with aren't even UWF fans, but they are True Blue GSC fans. Our theory was(is) based on the fact that none of us had ever seen a UWF team that listless. From delay of game and other mental missteps to trying to run a 145 lb RB up the middle time after time.when obviously it wasn't working.
                      It just seemed something was way off. We had no idea there was a coaching change in the works, but we felt something was a distraction. (could have been weather,fatique, or whatever,) but something was not Argo-like.
                      I got ya. That's just how I interpreted it and like I said, no offense was intended.

Comment

The recent loss against Ferris and the 2017 title game loss both share a similar inexplicable play calling stubbornness that I’m hoping will not occur again with coach Nobles, who was not doing the play calling in those two games.

In the 2017 title game the Argos kept throwing into double coverage when it was obvious to everyone including the announcers that Texas AM Commerce was stacking coverage and leaving the box exposed to the running game. Argo RB Schwartz had run for a school record 170 yds. the prior week and rarely saw the ball in the title game and when he did the Argos got good yardage on the plays. We yelled at the TV to RTDB the whole game and I never understood why the Argos stubbornly pursued this unproductive strategy to their eventual loss in that game.

Same thing last Saturday in reverse-the Argos kept pursuing the unproductive running plays when it was obvious to all that Ferris had decided to force the Argos to win by passing the ball. Ferris exposed the weakness in the 2022 Argo passing game - it might be good on deep and out passes, but can’t consistently make the short and medium range passes that require touch and a catchable ball.

I’m very hopeful that coach Nobles will correct this deficiency in the passing game because he was great at throwing all the passes all over the field. I’m also hopeful that he will also correct this inexplicable play calling stubbornness that has plagued the Argos in these two playoff games.

Comment

The recent loss against Ferris and the 2017 title game loss both share a similar inexplicable play calling stubbornness that I’m hoping will not occur again with coach Nobles, who was not doing the play calling in those two games.

In the 2017 title game the Argos kept throwing into double coverage when it was obvious to everyone including the announcers that Texas AM Commerce was stacking coverage and leaving the box exposed to the running game. Argo RB Schwartz had run for a school record 170 yds. the prior week and rarely saw the ball in the title game and when he did the Argos got good yardage on the plays. We yelled at the TV to RTDB the whole game and I never understood why the Argos stubbornly pursued this unproductive strategy to their eventual loss in that game.

Same thing last Saturday in reverse-the Argos kept pursuing the unproductive running plays when it was obvious to all that Ferris had decided to force the Argos to win by passing the ball. Ferris exposed the weakness in the 2022 Argo passing game - it might be good on deep and out passes, but can’t consistently make the short and medium range passes that require touch and a catchable ball.

I’m very hopeful that coach Nobles will correct this deficiency in the passing game because he was great at throwing all the passes all over the field. I’m also hopeful that he will also correct this inexplicable play calling stubbornness that has plagued the Argos in these two playoff games.

I agree. I also believe that defensively we could have changed our front and made the run more difficult. This is what I mean when I say it seems like their mind was somewhere else. There were uncharacteristic decisions made that do not represent a coaching staff who was strategically in tune completely with the game. By no means were they intending to lose, but the sting of a loss is not as significant when you are leaving.

I think the Coach Nobles hire is outstanding. His dad was a great guy and we had many battles with him through the years. I am excited to see the additions he will add to his coaching staff and look forward to the future success of this team. They have plenty of weapons returning and will no doubt be able to get it done!

Comment

Our coach had already checked out before the semi game last year. We managed to squeak by Mines but in the NC game against Ferris I felt the coaches were distracted during the week headed into the game. I made a comment to some friends to that effect. That said I don’t think that’s why we lost.

Ferris was just a much better team (and they’re good enough to make a good team look really bad when they’re clicking).

Comment

I think a key for Coach Nobles will be what kind of staff he puts together. It looks like Coach Saulnler (offensive line) and Coach Dickerson (WR Coach / Director of Football Operations) are still listed on staff.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X