Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post

Most all of the UWA athletics info will be shared through social media. Any articles would only be shared on the school website bc there isn’t a daily media outlet that would publish it. I guess they figure why bother if no one is going to see it. Facebook and Twitter is about the only place to see any news that isn’t a game. UWA used to have a message board but it died a long slow death.
    Thanks
    Oh well, not being on either site dooms me to additonal ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Yes, all in all a pretty good signing day. Combined with the players that were signed through the early transfer portal back in December UWA has around 25 new players on the team.

https://twitter.com/uwa_football
      Thanks, 74.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

Thanks
        Oh well, not being on either site dooms me to additonal ignorance.
        I don't disagree with you. A few years back there was a reporter working for al.com that would run UWA football releases and even did an article or two on something newsworthy but the Tuscaloosa News and Meridian Star barely acknowledge anything other than the SEC exists. .

Comment

I don't disagree with you. A few years back there was a reporter working for al.com that would run UWA football releases and even did an article or two on something newsworthy but the Tuscaloosa News and Meridian Star barely acknowledge anything other than the SEC exists. .
          Not surprised. I haven't seen a Tuscaloosa News paper in 20 years. I did see a Meridian Star while traveling through the area a couple of months ago. It was printed on the back of a Zaxby menu.

Comment

Just curious...Website shows same coaching staff and maybe I missed it, but did UWA sign any players signing day?
            Just posted the other day.
            https://uwaathletics.com/news/2023/2...-athletes.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
              THANKS! Someone over there must read This Board
              I may be the only person left not social media

Comment

THANKS! Someone over there must read This Board
                I may be the only person left not social media
                Nope your not. I’m right there with you, unless LinkedIn is considered social media but I don’t think it is. I got off all of that social media stuff many years ago.

Comment

Update:Told you guys that OC was out of there and you all thought I was nuts, he’s gone. Supposedly need an RB coach and Strength and Conditioning coach. A few of you “UWA” Fans may learn a thing or two if you knew how to listen.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLifeUWA View Post
                    Update:Told you guys that OC was out of there and you all thought I was nuts, he’s gone. Supposedly need an RB coach and Strength and Conditioning coach. A few of you “UWA” Fans may learn a thing or two if you knew how to listen.
                    I see that Coach Bailey is now coaching in the HS ranks. Has UWA named or hired a new OC?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat191 View Post

I see that Coach Bailey is now coaching in the HS ranks. Has UWA named or hired a new OC?
                      Coach Bailey is new OC for Lowndes County HS right there in Valdosta. Haven’t heard anything on OC front for UWA.

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post

Coach Bailey is new OC for Lowndes County HS right there in Valdosta. Haven’t heard anything on OC front for UWA.
                        More than Likely it’s going to be Carmen Felus who is already on staff and they’ll replace his position.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLifeUWA View Post
                          More than Likely it’s going to be Carmen Felus who is already on staff and they’ll replace his position.
                          Felus was OC before Bailey was for 2 years. He was 4th in total offense his first year and then went to 6th his 2nd year. Not sure I’m going to jump up and down on this if that’s what happens. We’ll see.

Comment

Update: Felus will be the OC unless something changes, Coach Lamont Seward returns as the WR/ Special Teams Coach. Still need RB coach.

Comment

New OC announcement https://uwaathletics.com/news/2023/3...gyO8kYEdzGVFYk

Comment

Guess I may know a bit of what I’m talking about Eh?
                                Last edited by TigerLifeUWA; 03-12-2023, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X