X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Article on the Early Hatcher, Muschamp, Kirby Smart Days at VSU

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...es-kirby-smart

Wow, great article.

I remember those early days (I started with VSU in ‘97) and the long road trips to Arkansas, though a lot of the time we would fly in and out the same day. Coach Hatcher and Dick Rockey bought me a birthday dinner at Texas Roadhouse in Columbus, Georgia, on the road after one of the Delta State games!

I remember those old facilities too. They were pretty bad, but Coach Hatcher and his staff didn’t let that stop them from recruiting great players and winning a LOT. 76-12 in your first head coaching job is nothing to sneeze at!

Thanks for the memories!

Comment

After Mike Leach passed, I went to YouTube and watched a couple of 1993 Blazers games. One vs. Mississippi College and another against UNA. Great memories of that era of football. Also, one Thursday on Leach's radio show I tweeted in a question about what his favorite part of coaching in D2 was. He talked a lot about hustling after the game over to the American Legion. I will have to find it on Facebook. He also said that the Wonderboys is one of the great nicknames in all of sports.

Comment

A lifetime ago

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X