Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

They'd have a better chance to compete in football for sure. I don't know lick about their other sports.
    Their baseball team has been pretty good in recent years; they made the GSC final last year (but not the regional) and the regional in 2021. Everything else has been struggling – softball made the national semifinals in 2015, their first year of eligibility, but only won 6 games last year.

In that respect they might fit in pretty well with Conference Carolinas, which recently has been the worst conference in the Southeast Region in every sport except baseball, in which North Greenville won the national championship last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

With the CIAA adding a West Virginia team, combined with their teams in Virginia and Maryland, I would believe the CIAA will be moved to SR1.
      I don't foresee a scenario in which the CIAA and the SIAC will be in separate regions again. Well, that's not entirely true. Regions could be eliminated altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
        Seems like the addition of a new football conference will force a regional realignment, since they don't like to have 5 conferences in one region.

I'll adjust my preferred model by adding CC to SR1 (not a great geographic fit, but makes the numbers work):
        SR1... NE10 + PSAC + MEC + CC = 42
        SR2... CIAA + SAC + SIAC + GSC = 42
        SR3... GMAC + GLIAC + GLVC + NSIC = 40
        SR4... MIAA + GAC + LSC + RMAC = 44
        Here's the problem ... it's makes way too much sense for the NCAA to sign off on it. And we all know how well logical ideas play at the Home Office in Indianapolis.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

In that respect they might fit in pretty well with Conference Carolinas, which recently has been the worst conference in the Southeast Region in every sport except baseball, in which North Greenville won the national championship last year.
          CC has been doing pretty good in basketball. Some of their football programs are pretty young, and should get better and better over time.

Comment

Their baseball team has been pretty good in recent years; they made the GSC final last year (but not the regional) and the regional in 2021. Everything else has been struggling – softball made the national semifinals in 2015, their first year of eligibility, but only won 6 games last year.

I knew NGU had a good baseball team and several other CC schools are ROUTINELY very very good. So that'll be good for the Hawks

Comment

Seems like the addition of a new football conference will force a regional realignment, since they don't like to have 5 conferences in one region.

I'll adjust my preferred model by adding CC to SR1 (not a great geographic fit, but makes the numbers work):
              The MIAA commissioner showed up in my Twitter mentions and suggested this alternative:
              SR1... NE10 + PSAC + MEC + GLIAC = 44
              SR2... CIAA + SAC + CC + GSC = 35
              SR3... GMAC + MIAA + GLVC + NSIC = 43
              SR4... SIAC + GAC + LSC + RMAC = 46

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Here's the problem ... it's makes way too much sense for the NCAA to sign off on it. And we all know how well logical ideas play at the Home Office in Indianapolis.
                Logic was driving down the road, saw the exit for Indy/NCAA and hit the gas and blew past the exit

Comment

The MIAA commissioner showed up in my Twitter mentions and suggested this alternative:
                  Oh, please no! That is worse than terrible. It's bad enough that the current SR4 spreads out most of the country west of the Mississippi. This version of SR4 would stretch from British Columbia to Georgia, nothing regional about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Oh, please no! That is worse than terrible. It's bad enough that the current SR4 spreads out most of the country west of the Mississippi. This version of SR4 would stretch from British Columbia to Georgia, nothing regional about that.
                    Yeah, I'm not a big fan of it... here's what he said:

Comment

I think this is the one that makes the most sense. It much more closely matches what the NCAA has set for pretty much every other sport

Comment

This is only a short term bandaid. The GSC is a disaster. UWG alums already pushing for an exit plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf King View Post
                          This is only a short term bandaid. The GSC is a disaster. UWG alums already pushing for an exit plan.
                          I was thinking the same thing. What is the GSC's long term plan after 2024? I think UWG, VSU, and UWF will be just fine. I believe they will be moving to FCS in the near future. I'm worried about DSU and UWA.
                          RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                          Delta State University, GSC

Comment

The GSC disaster may finally provide the impetus for UWG to raise the money necessary to move up and join the Atlantic Sun.

Comment

This method allows for at least one power conference per region.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

This method allows for at least one power conference per region.
                                Clear cut favorite conference in SRs 1, 2, and 3. I think the GAC, LSC, and RMAC in SR 4 would be a competitive region with no clear favorite conference. Or at least those powers rotating fairly often.
                                RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                                Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X