Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have this subscribed because I believe this is one of the first dominoes. The next month or so is going to see some major changes to the D1 level, and I don't know if we are completely sure how big of a land grab the D1 conferences are going to reach for. Things I think are going to get chaotic.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Pardon my ignorance, but who is Matt Brown? Is he truly tied into the ASUN or with any of the 3 schools mentioned?
      He's a sportswriter.

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/subscribe?ref=dQ4CybErby
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNALions View Post
        Sure, but like is he even credible? I've never heard of this Extra Points website. I'm just trying to gauge how aware he is of the situation, conferences, and schools involved?

Comment

• I had a chance recently to talk with a friend and long time supporter of Presbyterian College football, and I asked if in now looking at the big picture, was it a good move to jump to the FBS from Division 2 (SAC).

He said "not really, more than anything else he believes at the time egos played a big part. Aside with dealing with more losing seasons than we had in D2, we now have smaller attendance numbers for our home games". Not a good move for Football.

Comment

Sure, but like is he even credible? I've never heard of this Extra Points website. I'm just trying to gauge how aware he is of the situation, conferences, and schools involved?
            He’s very credible.
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
              I had a chance recently to talk with a friend and long time supporter of Presbyterian College football, and I asked if in now looking at the big picture, was it a good move to jump to the FBS from Division 2 (SAC).

He said "not really, more than anything else he believes at the time egos played a big part. Aside with dealing with more losing seasons than we had in D2, we now have smaller attendance numbers for our home games". Not a good move for Football.
              They’ve dropped to non-scholarship football. They were terrible in D2 and are worse in FCS. They should shutter their program.
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNALions View Post

They’ve dropped to non-scholarship football. They were terrible in D2 and are worse in FCS. They should shutter their program.
                In checking, it looks as though Presbyterian College was competitive in D2 having winning seasons in the SAC on a pretty consistent bases.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

I would say DSU to the GAC. Maybe UWA, too. MC, being a private school, may fit well in the SAC, but distance would probably kill that idea.
                  We’d love to have UWA and the Fighting Okra in the GAC. With 12 teams already, I don’t know where we would put them. There’s been some talk of the Oklahoma schools departing in recent years due to funding issues, but nothing in the foreseeable future. Having UWG and DSU would only make the GAC stronger.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldBison View Post

We’d love to have UWA and the Fighting Okra in the GAC. With 12 teams already, I don’t know where we would put them. There’s been some talk of the Oklahoma schools departing in recent years due to funding issues, but nothing in the foreseeable future. Having UWG and DSU would only make the GAC stronger.
                    If the Oklahoma schools leave, I’d rather see the Arkansas schools come back to the GSC.
                    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

In checking, it looks as though Presbyterian College was competitive in D2 having winning seasons in the SAC on a pretty consistent bases.
                      They got to 10 wins once and UCA blew them out in the playoffs. Other than that, very mediocre or bad.
                      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• 8 out of 10 winning seasons in D2 with a number of their losses coming at the hands of higher division teams is well beyond mediocre and bad.

Comment

He is a legit writer and does better research than most

Comment

• Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

If the Oklahoma schools leave, I’d rather see the Arkansas schools come back to the GSC.
                            That might work. Not sure if the 3 GSC schools leave for the ASUN and the Oklahoma schools left the GAC you’d have room for the 6 Arkansas schools in the GSC.

Comment

That might work. Not sure if the 3 GSC schools leave for the ASUN and the Oklahoma schools left the GAC you’d have room for the 6 Arkansas schools in the GSC.
                              I miss the arky schools. Those were most of the away games I went to. I really wish there was a bridge in Bolivar county to cut down on the commute! It takes forever having to drive down to Greenville or up to West Helena.

Comment

Where are the OK schools going to go?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X