Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Where are the OK schools going to go?
    Some might drop down to NAIA. Others might consider joining the struggling LSC.

Comment

I think someone from the GAC forum posted an article about State legislature wanting to bring all Oklahoma schools back into one division 2 conference. That was a couple of years ago, so that would be my assumption.

Comment

A little google search found me this...

This was the first article in 2016 https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spor...s/60656967007/

https://www.joplinglobe.com/sports/l...223f43bfb.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

I think someone from the GAC forum posted an article about State legislature wanting to bring all Oklahoma schools back into one division 2 conference. That was a couple of years ago, so that would be my assumption.
          Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

This was the first article in 2016 https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spor...s/60656967007/

Wow. That makes a lot of sense. Pull all 11 into one OK-only conference. Interesting.
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Wow. That makes a lot of sense. Pull all 11 into one OK-only conference. Interesting.
            I guess to even it out they could try and help Langston move up, granted I think they would have to add a few sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

I guess to even it out they could try and help Langston move up, granted I think they would have to add a few sports.
              Lots of options in potentially pulling a team from the Sooner Athletic Conference. Many schools also feature baseball, men's soccer, women's soccer, golf, tennis, etc etc.
              Last edited by Eagle74; 05-27-2023, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• The Conference meetings are being held this week.

Are there any potential teams being added this week or any current teams to announce they are leaving the GSC

Comment

• Originally posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
                  The Conference meetings are being held this week.

Are there any potential teams being added this week or any current teams to announce they are leaving the GSC
                  Been wondering the same.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Been wondering the same.
                    $eem$ G$C'$ main concern wa$ getting the FloSport$ deal in place. Wondering who/what Flo$ports will be covering in the future, and who can afford to watch it?

Comment

• Has anyone with boots on the ground heard anything on UWG's possible exit from Division II? It is time!

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Yeah, it was 7 years ago. There were no legs to it. Just OIC nostalgia.
                        Last edited by UCObluejay; 05-31-2023, 12:04 PM.
                        Go Bronchos!

Comment

• Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

Yeah, it was 7 years ago. There were no legs to it. Just OIC nostalgia.
                          The Joplin Globe article is from 2021.

Lawmaker opens talk about creating Oklahoma-only D2 conference

OKLAHOMA CITY — The University of Oklahoma isn’t the only one rocking the world of football conferences, with its plan to move from the Big 12 to the SEC.
                          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Call View Post
                            Has anyone with boots on the ground heard anything on UWG's possible exit from Division II? It is time!
                            It's been crickets out of UWG, UWF, and VSU. Even when certain sports personalities said the report of UWF and VSU to the ASUN/UAC was false, did either school come out and say that? Maybe I missed it. I think the UWG to the OVC is still a strong possibility, too, but I know they are also looking at UIndy.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

It's been crickets out of UWG, UWF, and VSU. Even when certain sports personalities said the report of UWF and VSU to the ASUN/UAC was false, did either school come out and say that? Maybe I missed it. I think the UWG to the OVC is still a strong possibility, too, but I know they are also looking at UIndy.
                              Should they respond to each and every "report"?

Comment

Should they respond to each and every "report"?
                                LOL. Yes! Obviously, not. But, ya know, did anyone ask anything? Sometimes folks shut down stuff quickly. Sometimes they let it float because they want to.

I'll admit, I would love it if all three schools announced they were coming to the ASUN. But, I don't ever want to disrespect the GSC or D2. I have so many fond memories. But, the college sports landscape is changing at warp speed.
                                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X