9/23 North Greenville University
    9/30 at Chowan
    10/7 Delta State University
    10/14 at Mississippi College
    10/21 Shorter
    10/28 at University of West Florida
    11/4 at University of West Alabama
    11/11 University of West Georgia

I have all the respect in the world for Valdosta, but why are they playing schools like Point University and Keiser? I don't mean any disrespect.
    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
      I have all the respect in the world for Valdosta, but why are they playing schools like Point University and Keiser? I don't mean any disrespect.
      Either they couldn't get an adequate non-conference D2 opponent or they want to pad their schedule with guaranteed wins to appease the fan base.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Either they couldn't get an adequate non-conference D2 opponent or they want to pad their schedule with guaranteed wins to appease the fan base.
        I'm pretty sure it's the former. I think a lot of GSC schools have trouble with scheduling.
        Delta probably needs to find one more game for 2023, so who knows if they go that same route.

Comment

It takes two to make a schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

It takes two to make a schedule.
            Absolutely. School shave to agree.
            Delta had a home and home with GVSU a few years back. They had a home and home with McKendree the last couple of seasons, and they play at Missouri S&T this year. They've played a home and home with Tarleton and Commerce in recent years. West Florida plays at McKendree this season.

I know Valdosta isn't avoiding teams. Are they just late to the party? Are they not reaching out to schools soon enough? Are they only looking for schools in the Southeast?

I get it, sometimes schools have to fill out their schedule with a lower level school, but I just feel like 2 NAIA appointments is a little much.

Comment

I do agree about your options of our schedule. Keiser almost be us last year. Also, they played in the NAIA title game last year. I think we are having trouble scheduling teams for our non-conference schedule. I would love to see route between playing teams from the SAC and SIAC for non-conference. Also, lets have a bye week in the schedule too.

Comment

I agree. Cheesy ...

Playing inferior teams does nothing to prepare the team for playing West Florida, West Georgia etc.

Perhaps Coach Jackson doesn’t want another 6 - 5 season.

Last edited by Wide_Right; 02-24-2023, 02:08 PM.
                <>

Comment

Absolutely. School shave to agree.
                  Delta had a home and home with GVSU a few years back. They had a home and home with McKendree the last couple of seasons, and they play at Missouri S&T this year. They've played a home and home with Tarleton and Commerce in recent years. West Florida plays at McKendree this season.

I know Valdosta isn't avoiding teams. Are they just late to the party? Are they not reaching out to schools soon enough? Are they only looking for schools in the Southeast?

I get it, sometimes schools have to fill out their schedule with a lower level school, but I just feel like 2 NAIA appointments is a little much.
                  I can't speak to the internal workings of what VSU has or has not tried as far as getting games. FVSU and Albany State are something like a combined 5-39 record against VSU. Savannah State and Clarke-Atlanta have never beaten VSU.

It's not like there is enough money involved for teams to sign up to take a beating.

Comment

Problems finding adequate opponents and getting dinged for it during the playoff selection process is an ongoing problem for members of the GSC.

The only way the GSC will survive when it's down to just six football teams is an alliance with the new Conference Carolinas. Until then, it's gonna be rough finding a team to go play VSU or UWF on their fields.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Can't do much if offers to play a D2 team at their home field and they say no.

#BlazerNation

Comment

I for one glad too see Valdosta back on the schedule… there shouldn’t be any reason we don’t play them annually…the same way we play Fort Valley…

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Can't do much if offers to play a D2 team at their home field and they say no.
                          This is exactly what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURamFan View Post
                            I for one glad too see Valdosta back on the schedule… there shouldn’t be any reason we don’t play them annually…the same way we play Fort Valley…
                            I think Blazer fans feel the same way. It is a good rivalry.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Scheduling decent D2 programs in SR2 is very difficult for GSC teams. We should be announcing our schedule soon. Opening with Limestone at home.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X