Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Check on our DSU folks

Just checking on our Delta State friends and fans after the night of the tornado(s). Everyone ok?

Heard that Samaritan's Purse is on the way.

#BlazerNation

There has been a ton of outpouring. I drove through Rolling Fork about 22 hours after the tornado came through. It was the worst devastation I've seen since Katrina. I'm from Vicksburg, MS and I now live in Cleveland, so I've driven through rolling fork 100's of times. It was almost unbelievable to see the damage. I checked in with all the people I knew in RF, but obviously many people lost their lives. It's also difficult because there is no infrastructure in Sharkey county. There is no hospital, no full time ambulance service, or anything like that. People literally showed up and just started working because there weren't enough officials to direct all of the help.

I always look for the hope in terrible situations. There has been such an outpouring of help, they literally can't hold all the help and supplies being sent to them. I know some RN friends who got turned away saying they have more then they could use (at that time, in 2 or 3 weeks they'll still need support). I'm heading down Tuesday to help the churches of Christ disaster relief unload a semi at the RF church of Christ. They've had untold numbers of semi's bringing necessities to this area.

Comment

Wow!
      The American people and spirit always come through in a disaster. So good to hear. It's going to be a long haul. I usually donate to Sarmaritans Purse and Salvation Army. I know these two have good organisations.
      Praying.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X