Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limestone -- best of the worst teams in the sac!!!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In reviewing the glorious not even .500 regime of Coach Furrey, I noticed that over a 2 year period the opponents consisted of Brevard, Shaw, and playing Benedict 2x. Shaw and Benedict out of conference doesn't strike fear into anyone. And, didn't Limestone win 3 games in overtime in 2018? It would be hard pressed to say this is rapid improvement. I mean, you couldn't win them in regulation, you're probably not an ascending team. Yes, on paper it appears they went backward, however, most programs that need a building process take a step backward. I mean, if your Coach Ierulli, your trying to build a program like Carson-Newman where he coached for several years. Now, your base of comparison isn't what Coach Furrey did, it's what Carson-Newman does in terms of success. A two-year stopover in Gaffney, where the record wasn't even .500 is not likely a valid comparison to what the folks at CNU are used to. Is the team playing harder? Not sure. Play harder and beat Carson-Newman, Lenoir Rhyne, and Wingate. And, when you beat them, give paison Tony a call. So, where we are now, is a gazillion head coaches in 5 years, and the new HC 2-6 in the first 8 games as HC. Give Limestone credit for beating a Pembroke team that is nowhere near the Shinnick regime, and a Catawba program in free fall. So, while Red thinks the program went backward big time under Ierulli, it certainly has not gone forward big time. Then again, some people think Windmills are an equal source of energy compared to natural gas and nuclear power. Limestone has a long way to go. With UVA-Wise down the road, they could very easily win the 2019 SAC best of the worst championship. Stay tuned for the excitement........................

Comment

Dirty, you are right on spot with analyzing the Limestone program. Believe me, if athletic director Mike Cerino decides to brush his teeth, he's going to make sure an article gets written up about his achievement...

As far as the game against Mars Hill, the Saints played hard with a strong comeback in the 2nd half to make up a poor offensive performance in the 1st half. The game was also exactly the same type of game in 2018 where that team played tough throughout the game. In both games, each team is tied up in the 4th quarter and Mars Hill scores a TD to go ahead by 7 points with about 4 minutes left in the game. In 2018, Limestone is driving to tie up the game when QB Phillips throws a Pick 6 and Mars Hill wins by 14 points. This season in 2019, Mars Hill goes up by 7 points, Limestone is driving to tie up the score, but Phillips again throws an Interception and Mars Hill wins the game by 7 points. In both games, there was good effort throughout the game by the Saints and not the false accusations that the Saints gave up last season in their game against Mars Hill....

Comment

The Saints certainly did not give up today as the held a lead over the Bears in the first half, and were in contention to win until under a minute left to play. Held L-R to a tie for their lowest point total on the season, and the first time in a year the margin for the Bears in a game was just single digits. Also longest time in a game this year L-R trailed...

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post
          The Saints certainly did not give up today as the held a lead over the Bears in the first half, and were in contention to win until under a minute left to play. Held L-R to a tie for their lowest point total on the season, and the first time in a year the margin for the Bears in a game was just single digits. Also longest time in a game this year L-R trailed...
          Saints had a shot. This should give them momentum and a win vs Uva-Wise next week. Keep it going. Get #3.

Comment

Shout out to Limestone, by far the most worried I have been all season.

As for LR, inexcusable performance. Clearing not focusing on the game at hand in the first half and letting a solid team hang around at home can lead to disaster.

Comment

Good job by Limestone. Played hard throughout game. I expected a closer game than predicted after LR played a physical game with Carson-Newman.... When we played CN last season, our defense was wiped out with injuries when we played LR the following week. Good week of preparation can get us win #3 this week against VA-Wise.....
              '

Comment

Comment

The bears looks vulnerable. Hopefully it will be a wake-up call and cause them to play hard against Wingate.

Comment

Good to get a win on Saturday, but in reality, it was 2 bad teams playing each other. Wise has only 199 yards to total offense. Limestone had 275. It wasn't because of any dominating defenses. Our inconsistency in our passing game showed again with our QB throwing for 100 yards against a very weak secondary. More returning players are dropping off the team or injured... Limestone's 2 conference wins are against Wise & Catawba who both are winless this season. They play each other this week to see who is the cellar-dweller of the SAC....

Comment

Originally posted by Saints62 View Post
                      Good to get a win on Saturday, but in reality, it was 2 bad teams playing each other. Wise has only 199 yards to total offense. Limestone had 275. It wasn't because of any dominating defenses. Our inconsistency in our passing game showed again with our QB throwing for 100 yards against a very weak secondary. More returning players are dropping off the team or injured... Limestone's 2 conference wins are against Wise & Catawba who both are winless this season. They play each other this week to see who is the cellar-dweller of the SAC....
                      Why are players at Limestone dropping off the team? Aren't they encouraged with a couple of wins? Or has the tarnish come off the dome?

Comment

There have been exactly ZERO players on the active roster who have quit this season

Comment

Originally posted by Saints21 View Post
                          There have been exactly ZERO players on the active roster who have quit this season
                          Are you sure? Why would Saints62 say that? I mean, not sure that it matters anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Are you sure? Why would Saints62 say that? I mean, not sure that it matters anyway.
                            I wouldn't have any idea...I'll just move on from the subject and get ready to cheer on the kids tomorrow, I hope we play well, a tall order to knock off the Eagles though

Comment

Kudos to the Saints for fighting back and not quitting. No wonder these guys gave LR a scare. Eagles were in tough spot without Evan's, and jumped out to a 21 nill lead. Saints fought and tied her up. Good game.

Comment

Easy to see the problems for Limestone the past several seasons and that's been in their recruiting which shows up in the current All-SAC team. Only 1 player made 1st team All-Conference and that is Punter Thomas Cook who lost his punting job the last 2 games of the season to a freshman. So the All-Conference Punter wasn't even a starter for Limestone... 2 offensive players and 2 defensive players (seniors) made the 2nd All-SAC team. Only 15 players that will be seniors are left from Coach Furrey's last class. The 2018 class was a bust since the new head coach wasn't hired until 2 weeks after signing date and 20 have already left from the 2019 freshmen class....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X