Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wingate at Lenoir-Rhyne

The Division II national spotlight will be on Hickory this Saturday with a pair of 8-0 teams fighting for first place in the SAC and the higher seed in the super region rankings. It should be fantastic and probably one of the biggest regular season SAC games in quite a while. Some of you have been around the conference much longer than I have. What are some of the biggest regular season games you can remember?

Carson-Newman vs Catawba in 2007 was first that came to mind. Both were undefeated, both I believe were ranked either in top 10 or close to it.

Comment

Last year LR goal line stand to beat Wingate and jump start the Bears on the biggest turn around season in program history. Winning 12 straight games and twenty out of last twenty one games to date. Only loss was to the National championship team Valdosta.

Comment

Catawba at Wingate my senior year 2013. I think Catawba was undefeated and everyone said we couldn't play with them. They brought a huge crowd with them down to Wingate. The Bulldogs outplayed Catawba for most of the game. It was nip and tuck, back and forth. Wingate held a 3 point lead with less than a minute and Catawba marching down the field. With 4 seconds left, 4th and goal The Bulldogs stopped the Indians on the 2. The clock ran out. BUT WAIT..the refs put 2 seconds on the clock and gave the Indians another play A 5TH DOWN!!! The place nearly rioted. There was no penalty called! Of course the Indians scored and it went down as a Catawba victory.

Comment

Comment

I think he got his years mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
              Last year LR goal line stand to beat Wingate and jump start the Bears on the biggest turn around season in program history. Winning 12 straight games and twenty out of last twenty one games to date. Only loss was to the National championship team Valdosta.
              *regional championship.

I dont recall but was the Bears and Dogs regular season game as good as the playoff game was?

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

*regional championship.

I dont recall but was the Bears and Dogs regular season game as good as the playoff game was?
                The playoff game was special because of what was at stake and the dramatic way it played out. That was one of the best D2 playoff games I've ever been to. The regular season game was also really good. It was only week four and both teams were 2-1 so there was a lot we didn't yet know about each team. LR scored the first 17 points of the game and led 31-7 early in the 3rd quarter. Wingate rallied with 17 unanswered points to make it a one score game, but LR held on in the 4th for a 31-24 win. Great game.

Comment

For us it was. Goal line stand in fourth quarter then couple first downs to run out the clock. Started us on our 12 game win streak.

Comment

Can't wait to watch this one!

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about Kyle Dugger? He did not play last week and is not on the two deep for Saturday.

Comment

Let's go Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Today is the day! It will be sunny and 60 this afternoon in Hickory. Perfect November football weather! If you can't be there, remember this game will be televised on ESPN3.

Comment

I watched Pembroke vs. Tusculum last week and that was about as good as it gets. I also saw Catawba win a shootout with WSSU earlier that was about as good a game as I've ever seen.

Comment

A dozen or so years back I remember a shootout between West Alabama and North Alabama that kept changing leads and went to double OT.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X