Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mars Hill v. Carson-Newman

The LR v. Wingate game is a bit of an attention hog but this is also a critical game in the SAC. Carson-Newman controls their own destiny for playoffs. No one is talking about Mars Hill but with a they are 5-2 against D2 and could squeeze into the playoff picture with a win today. I'm favoring Carson-Newman but when Mars Hill plays their best, they're a pretty good team and could be very hard to beat.

I agree Chuck and think Mars Hill will win this one.

Comment

Never even a game really. Eagles were up 10-0 when Rucker scored to make it a field goal game. CN answered 3 minutes later and it was downhill after that. Eagles were up 5 scores whenever Mars Hill added a late TD.

When the Eagles play smart football and dont turn the ball over (like they did in both losses), they can be the team we expected. But like people have pointed out, they find a way to dig a hole when it counts recently.

Man oh man though. Craig Rucker is a stud. I would rank him as one of the 4 or 5 best wide receivers I've seen in a dozen years of really following the SAC.

Comment

I saw the game too. Rucker....one handed catches, joy stick change of direction, Tyreek Hill speed...He's the full package.

Comment

This was a good win for Carson-Newman. Obviously they needed it to keep playoff hopes alive, but beyond that, it was an impressive performance. It was good to see them play focused and nearly mistake-free football. Tusculum won't be a pushover in the finale, but they should be able to take care of business in the last two weeks,

Craig Rucker set the Mars Hill and SAC records for TD receptions in a career (41) on Saturday. Its been a pleasure to watch him play.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X