Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catawba football is the Worst Program in the Country!!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catawba football is the Worst Program in the Country!!

Last edited by Catawbafan; 11-02-2019, 03:01 PM.

They are having a terrible season but to call the entire program the worst in the country is a joke. Everybody has bad stretches. I'm not happy about it but I have faith things will turn around.

Comment

Comment

You clearly haven't heard of Shorter.

Comment

Things in Salisbury are bad, but there are several teams worse than Catawba, That is beside the point though. There is no excuse for Catawba being as down as they are right now. Watching this highlight reel from Saturday is painful if you're a Catawba fan. I see a lot of blown assignments, missed tackles and poor angles. Youth and inexperience has a lot to do with that, but those problems are things that coaches have to take the blame for. They have a lot of work to do,

Offensively, things are just as bad but don't give up on Kaylon Wade yet and don't put this loss on him. This was supposed to be a learning year and he's been thrust into starting on unit that has lost nearly all of its skill talent.

They're at Wise next Saturday so, there is still a chance to get another win. The Cavs are slogging through dismal season too.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post
            You clearly haven't heard of Shorter.
            Having watched both teams in person this year, I would pick Shorter over Catawba if they were to play each other right now.

Comment

Having sit through another game, I have a few observations. We had very few fans at the game and I didn't see alot of the regulars who are always at the games. I also didn't see any tailgating by Catawba. I have read the excuses being made for this team and it is time for accountability. The offense has had alot of injuries but the defense lost the nose guard and no other starters that I know of. No one will talk about our leading tackler from the defensive backfield who hasn't been seen since the Carson Newman game. Not been at the games, sidelines, or practice since then. I thought defense was our head coaches expertise. He tried different players Saturday but if they made one mistake, they were pulled. Don't take up for the quarterback having bad games and destroy the confidence of other players trying to learn and help. From what I have witnessed with my own eyes and ears, several players have quit and I hope we don't have a mass exodus on our hands. Let's stop the excuses and start having accountability for what is happening.

Comment

Maybe you should rephrase this as "the worst team in the SAC" or "the worst team in (whatever you want to put here)" because when you say program you make it sound like it has never been successful. Maybe you weren't around when they were, I don't know. No doubt they suck this year, nobody is going to deny that. When have I ever inferred that people shouldn't be held accountable? If you think this is the worst program in the country you are just plain wrong and honestly must not have been following Catawba or SAC football for very long.

It's going to take time to get back on track but apparently you guys think just complaining will cause somebody somewhere to snap their fingers and things will be fixed. I don't know where this magic is going to come from. I very seriously doubt anybody from the top down is happy right now.

Look at the basketball program for example. They went from winning conference championships while consistently being at the bottom of the conference when it came to the program's budget to being consistently bad for years. Glad they are now on a great upward swing but it took some bad times to get there. I don't know specifics about how the athletic budget is now but there's plenty to suggest that overall the school's budget is not in the best place at the moment. If a new coaching staff is the answer it might be a fairly hard sell at the moment. I'd rather they keep what they have for next year and see if they can improve, hopefully with less injuries.

Comment

I commented on the original post about worst program but I said they needed to be held accountable. I was not the one who said it was the worst so don't confuse me with the other gentleman.I never aimed my post at anyone, I was just stating my opinion. I stand by everything I said as I have witnessed everything I spoke of. So basically are you are saying that we need to keep things status quo? The defense is not improving and injuries can't explain that away. But once again I didn't call Catawba the worst program.

Comment

Originally posted by CATUSUPPORTER View Post
                    Having sit through another game, I have a few observations. We had very few fans at the game and I didn't see alot of the regulars who are always at the games. I also didn't see any tailgating by Catawba. I have read the excuses being made for this team and it is time for accountability. The offense has had alot of injuries but the defense lost the nose guard and no other starters that I know of. No one will talk about our leading tackler from the defensive backfield who hasn't been seen since the Carson Newman game. Not been at the games, sidelines, or practice since then. I thought defense was our head coaches expertise. He tried different players Saturday but if they made one mistake, they were pulled. Don't take up for the quarterback having bad games and destroy the confidence of other players trying to learn and help. From what I have witnessed with my own eyes and ears, several players have quit and I hope we don't have a mass exodus on our hands. Let's stop the excuses and start having accountability for what is happening.
                    RE: Westbrook, I brought that up last week. He was ejected from the Carson-Newman game and hasn't been seen since then. I have no idea what happened with him.

I'm with you on the defense. Injuries depleted an offense that was already below average, so I get the struggles there. There is no excuse for the defense though. I don't get it. They had one of the best defenses in the SAC as recently as two years ago and now they're the worst.
                    Last edited by Chuck Bitner; 11-04-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat191 View Post

Having watched both teams in person this year, I would pick Shorter over Catawba if they were to play each other right now.
                      I would agree, but program implies year to year, even if Shorter is better right now they haven't won a game in years. Catawba has won several and won the SAC only a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by CATUSUPPORTER View Post
                        I commented on the original post about worst program but I said they needed to be held accountable. I was not the one who said it was the worst so don't confuse me with the other gentleman.I never aimed my post at anyone, I was just stating my opinion. I stand by everything I said as I have witnessed everything I spoke of. So basically are you are saying that we need to keep things status quo? The defense is not improving and injuries can't explain that away. But once again I didn't call Catawba the worst program.
                        I was just responding to multiple postings. I'm all ears on a plan to fix things, I'm just saying that it seems like they are going to have a hard time attracting coaching talent in their current situation. Maybe (hopefully) there's some untapped coaching talent out there interested but I'd be curious to see how the salaries compare to other schools in the conference. Completely outside of athletics, some of the faculty positions that were eliminated (aka people fired) were fairly troubling, to the point where the president had to address it in the local newspaper.

Comment

They shouldnt have had the first one, but that tells you how sorry that opponent was.

Oh, and there is Lincoln (PA) and Northeastern State.

Comment

Comment

watching us last year was bad, this year is worse. We are definitely smaller across the lines than other SAC teams. So while I agree with the CatawbaDad that we need to hit the weight room, we also need to get some bigger bodies in the program. looking at us getting beat in all 3 phases of the game is very frustrating. judging by the emptying of the crowd at homecoming and the lack of a fans at Tusculum last weekend fans are tired of it. the non correction by the defense has already been debated so I won't pile on. While I know that we have taken a beating on offense with injuries this season, that doesn't excuse the poor QB play that was going on last season, and continues this season. Chuck said that this was supposed to be a learning year for Wade and while I am not putting it all on him, he shouldn't be playing. He's not ready. 2 weeks ago the bulk of his passing yards were against soft coverage while we were down 21-28 points. he threw a lot of tunnel screens and 1 read routes. and one WR had 50% of his completions. This week with some scouting film on him, he was 11-28 passing with 2 TDs (1 with 1 minute left) and 3 picks (all within 4 possessions when it was a close ballgame). The picks that he throws in practice are the same routes on game days that he throws picks on. I heard last week he threw multiple picks and was replaced. The backup comes in and throws multiple completions without picks and gets pulled back out Why is that? Are we pushing Wade as some agenda? Where is the correction by the OC in practice and on the sidelines during the game?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X