Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What game are you going to watch in SR2 this week?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What game are you going to watch in SR2 this week?

VUU and Va State should be a rock fight

I am intrigued by Catawba at UVA Wise too

I will probably go watch LRU curb-stomp UNCP but I might get brave and make the drive to Limestone. I would love to go see VUU play Va State but it is too far of a drive for me; I bet that is going to be a good game.

Catawba at UVa-Wise is interesting just because it's going to determine which team wins a SAC game and which team goes winless. I think that game will be all about attitude. Which team wants it more and shows up to play inspired footbal. Its not easy to do when you're 1-8.

Mars Hill at Tusculum is a big game for both schools. Both need it for their hopes of a winning season and it may determine 4th place in the final standings.

Newberry at Wingate should be a win for the Bulldogs but I could see that being a much tougher game than it might appear on paper.

I'll have more on those games in my column to be published tonight. Here is a snippet from the column on other games around the region.

West Florida at Valdosta State 6:00
    One of the top game in Division II this weekend. Winner and loser will both remain in good playoff standing, but a win by West Florida could really shake up the bracket.

West Georgia at Delta State 2:00
    Playoff elimination game. West Georgia jumped into the top 10 last week and could inch closer to the top seven with a win but a loss drops them from contention. Same is true for Delta State.

Fort Valley State at Albany StateFayetteville State at Winston-Salem State 2:00

Fayetteville State and Shaw are tied for the CIAA south division lead. FSU controls their destiny. If they beat WSSU, they win the division. If they lose and Shaw beats St. Aug, Shaw wins the division. If both teams lose, FSU wins the division.

Virginia Union at Virginia State 2:00

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post
      Catawba at UVa-Wise is interesting just because it's going to determine which team wins a SAC game and which team goes winless. I think that game will be all about attitude. Which team wants it more and shows up to play inspired footbal. Its not easy to do when you're 1-8.

Mars Hill at Tusculum is a big game for both schools. Both need it for their hopes of a winning season and it may determine 4th place in the final standings.

Newberry at Wingate should be a win for the Bulldogs but I could see that being a much tougher game than it might appear on paper.

I'll have more on those games in my column to be published tonight. Here is a snippet from the column on other games around the region.

West Florida at Valdosta State 6:00
      One of the top game in Division II this weekend. Winner and loser will both remain in good playoff standing, but a win by West Florida could really shake up the bracket.

West Georgia at Delta State 2:00
      Playoff elimination game. West Georgia jumped into the top 10 last week and could inch closer to the top seven with a win but a loss drops them from contention. Same is true for Delta State.

Fort Valley State at Albany StateFayetteville State at Winston-Salem State 2:00

Fayetteville State and Shaw are tied for the CIAA south division lead. FSU controls their destiny. If they beat WSSU, they win the division. If they lose and Shaw beats St. Aug, Shaw wins the division. If both teams lose, FSU wins the division.

Virginia Union at Virginia State 2:00
      You should think about being a columnist. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

You should think about being a columnist. :wink:
        I don't know. I'd be intimidated. Those guys are really smart and good looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post

I don't know. I'd be intimidated. Those guys are really smart and good looking.
          and humble. LOL.

Good comments. I really think this is the best week yet in SR2 regarding match-ups. This is a super weekend.

Comment

I WOULD watch the Eagles at Limestone but Limestone charges $$$ to watch their broadcasts and I'm a cheapskate. My stepson who played for CN before transferring to WKU is going to Gaffney SC to meet a couple of his CN teammates for a little get together. I think the Mars Hill game at TC could be a barn burner type game. I'll probably try to watch at least some of it.

Comment

I think so too. There are some big games involving playoff contenders, but some other really good ones too. I would like to see Mars Hill at Tusculum. It should be a pretty even matchup and both teams have many reasons to be hungry for it. There is a lot on the line for both.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit-Carson View Post
                VUU and Va State should be a rock fight

I am intrigued by Catawba at UVA Wise too

I will probably go watch LRU curb-stomp UNCP but I might get brave and make the drive to Limestone. I would love to go see VUU play Va State but it is too far of a drive for me; I bet that is going to be a good game.
                It's a good thing this game is at VA State because they usually have a decent stream, trying to watch a VUU video stream will drive you crazy.

If you are interested in checking the game out all of the CIAA video streams can be found here for free (www.theciaasn.com) and there is also an app.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

It's a good thing this game is at VA State because they usually have a decent stream, trying to watch a VUU video stream will drive you crazy.

If you are interested in checking the game out all of the CIAA video streams can be found here for free (www.theciaasn.com) and there is also an app.
                  Thanks so much LegalRam. I have tried to watch the VUU broadcasts before..ooof! I think watching Tobias Taylor rumble is about as good as it gets. I have to admit I've day-dreamed of what it would be like to have him running behind Mike Turner's O-line for the first half of the game and then when the defenses front seven is sucking wind in the 3rd Quarter, we would put in Wimbush and the 18 other speed burners that CN has at RB and let them run wild on a defense that is worn out. Taylor is such a load. I like to watch the defenses strategize about how to bring him down. Few men can bring him down one on one. If your defense isn't ready to gang tackle, he can wear you out and get the upper hand pretty quick and then he just runs down hill on you the rest of the game. Thanks for the link. I just might check it out. This is a game worth watching, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod Fernandez View Post
                    I WOULD watch the Eagles at Limestone but Limestone charges $$$ to watch their broadcasts and I'm a cheapskate. My stepson who played for CN before transferring to WKU is going to Gaffney SC to meet a couple of his CN teammates for a little get together. I think the Mars Hill game at TC could be a barn burner type game. I'll probably try to watch at least some of it.
                    Hey Rod, check your Message Inbox before CN-LC kickoff tomorrow

Comment

We need an open date real bad. Have a lot of key players banged up. Plus every team sure seems to give a little extra effort against us. Really played against an inspired Pembroke team today. They have a great passing attack or we have some below average corners. Kyle will be back for the playoffs hopefully and we will get some others healthy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit-Carson View Post
                        VUU and Va State should be a rock fight.
                        I didn't see the game but based on the score, i.e., 27-24 in OT, it was indeed a rock fight.

CN vs. Limestone was also a rock fight.

Comment

Something went wrong at Virginia Union game in ot. Weird time for a fake fg. Looks like the only guy running the fake was the holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
                            Something went wrong at Virginia Union game in ot. Weird time for a fake fg. Looks like the only guy running the fake was the holder.
                            Agreed. So weird

Comment

Limestone is a good team. UNCP offense is very good. Watching Valdosta game and they sure are good. dropped passes by WF. Seems like Valdosta defense backs have had a few interference plays not called.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X