Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CATAWBA VS WISE

As I was watching the game today I saw a couple of things that I could not believe. First, we had 2 players on the sideline trying to fight each other and then we had a player get flagged for off setting unsportsmanlike conduct and our head coach, yes I said HEAD COACH ran onto the field and gave that player a low five on the field. Several of the 25 fans that we had there were in disbelief of what we were watching. This behavior is unacceptable for this fine college. This was the last straw for me and I will not contribute another dime to this dumpster fire. I have nothing but respect for the school and players but the lack of leadership and discipline has contributed to the detriment of this team.

To be honest, I only watched a couple minutes of the game (around the 3rd quarter). Seemed like a competitive game.

Comment

512 in attendance? Heck, Brevard almost had 900 at their game.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
        512 in attendance? Heck, Brevard almost had 900 at their game.
        I think it was a few things.
        • The temperature was 42 degrees.
        • Both teams were 1-8 overall and winless in the SAC
        • The home games are broadcast online.
        • To be quite honest, there's not too much fan support for the Cavs compared to other SAC schools. I mean there were 1250 people that attended the game against Limestone and that was homecoming. You can check out the box score of all the other home games and see the attendance for each game.

Comment

Originally posted by cavsfan94 View Post

I think it was a few things.
          • The temperature was 42 degrees.
          • Both teams were 1-8 overall and winless in the SAC
          • The home games are broadcast online.
          • To be quite honest, there's not too much fan support for the Cavs compared to other SAC schools. I mean there were 1250 people that attended the game against Limestone and that was homecoming. You can check out the box score of all the other home games and see the attendance for each game.
          People will come out to support winners.

Comment

It was 35 degrees Saturday night in Wingate NC for Bulldogs vs Wolves and they had a big crowd on both sides. So it being cold isn't a valid reason. I watched the replay and I was embarrassed for Catawba. The wheels have come off in Salisbury NC. Virginia wasn't all that either but they did show some spirit and, at times played good enough to win. Catawba didn't play to win. Sad!

Comment

Originally posted by Ethel Kay View Post
              It was 35 degrees Saturday night in Wingate NC for Bulldogs vs Wolves and they had a big crowd on both sides. So it being cold isn't a valid reason. I watched the replay and I was embarrassed for Catawba. The wheels have come off in Salisbury NC. Virginia wasn't all that either but they did show some spirit and, at times played good enough to win. Catawba didn't play to win. Sad!
              Herm Edwards was right, you play to win the game.

Comment

They are a massive dumpster fire. Next week vs LR is going to be horrendously ugly.

Comment

I hate to say it, but unless changes are made, and if the # of scholarships have been cut, it's really not to early for the Indians to start taking a close look at D3. Brevard's fans and players have been enjoying the change.

Comment

Originally posted by CATUSUPPORTER View Post
                    As I was watching the game today I saw a couple of things that I could not believe. First, we had 2 players on the sideline trying to fight each other and then we had a player get flagged for off setting unsportsmanlike conduct and our head coach, yes I said HEAD COACH ran onto the field and gave that player a low five on the field. Several of the 25 fans that we had there were in disbelief of what we were watching. This behavior is unacceptable for this fine college. This was the last straw for me and I will not contribute another dime to this dumpster fire. I have nothing but respect for the school and players but the lack of leadership and discipline has contributed to the detriment of this team.
                    I actually watched some of the replay of the 1st half of this game and saw your head coach give the player the low five. Amazing to say the least. I wanted to watch the QB that came from Kings Mountain play. He may develop, down the road, but he was really nervous in this game action.
                    It's a great day to be a Bear!

Comment

Originally posted by Son of Zardoz View Post
                      They are a massive dumpster fire. Next week vs LR is going to be horrendously ugly.
                      Oh I agree. It's going to get uglier than a beauty pageant in Arkansas. L-R is going to be pulling students out of the stands to dress out and play in the 2nd quarter. And by students, I mean the little kids there wearing their rec league jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Oh I agree. It's going to get uglier than a beauty pageant in Arkansas. L-R is going to be pulling students out of the stands to dress out and play in the 2nd quarter. And by students, I mean the little kids there wearing their rec league jerseys.
                        LMAO. Great post.
                        Please feel free to do that though because the NCAA doesn't seem to have any issue with the use of ineligible players in DII.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethel Kay View Post
                          I would say the crowd at Wingate was significantly less than any other game I have been to on that campus for the last three years. Definitely not a normal Wingate crowd.

Comment

Yep, 1,935 in attendance is smaller than their usual attendance, but it's a whole lot better than 512.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of Zardoz View Post
                              It will be interesting to see if after the game, participation ribbons will be given to the individual Indian players?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X