Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Fact is, LR's D did have a lot of trouble with UNCP's young O-Line and Sophomore QB, and yes, the Braves were also dealing with some of their own key players being out with injuries . Now, lean in a little bit closer as I share a few facts about what you may face in the future. Valdosta State's well seasoned, big, and talented O-Line has around twice as many upperclassmen as the young UNCP team. So their very talented double threat QB just may have all day to throw to the Blazers stable of excellent WR's along with their RBs slipping out of the back field, when he's not rambling down the field on his own. VSU's Redshirt Junior QB Rogan Wells presently has 2,121 yards passing with a completion rate of right at 74%, and 563 yards rushing, averaging 8.3 yards a carry.

Before the last grains of hope slips through your fingers, just a reminder that the Blazers torched the Bears (even after calling the dogs off) less than a year ago 61-21 and outgunning the over matched LR team 597 to 319 in total yards.

So, while the Bear's offense has done pretty well this season, thus far, and you pointing that out just impresses the he// out of me, I don't believe anyone needs a Nastrodumbazz crystal ball to predict what this year's potential match up may entail.

Have fun this Saturday against the Indians, and enjoy the moment. Congratulations on your good regular season, and best of luck in the Playoffs, also keep posting, cause I ain't going nowhere;)
    LR hasn't really had trouble on the D line (see Wingate game, the best O line we've seen this year). Passing defense issues are very clearly pretty much purely coverage and focus on stopping the run. VSU certainly is formidable, but they aren't what they were last year so its hard to say how good they really are, especially since the GSC is having a down year. Good luck to CN in the playoffs. Maybe we'll even get the chance to beat ya'll again.

Comment

of who pay attention will note that early on this season I said: 1. Things are going to tighten up this season and there will be few easy games 2. You can always expect surprises in SAC Football, they are going to happen.

If you had said Limestone was going to be the most improved team at the beginning of the year everybody would have laughed at you...and yet.
      If you had said Catawba was going to win the Basement Bowl and lose to new member Va Wise everybody would have laughed at you...and yet.
      if you had said that Pembroke was going to smoke the Bears through the air everybody would have laughed at you...and yet
      Da Bears

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

LOL, Well ole well M.E., simply responding to the truthful fact as posted by a Bear's fan, " BUT, UNCP really torched us through the air. I've been concerned all season our passing D might not be were it needs to be and this greatly increased my worries."

You see, I completely understand the frustration and embarrassment when the Bear D's shortcomings were fully exposed in front of everyone's eyes on that chilly afternoon when the Bear's coverage was slipping. Heck, that s#!& happens.

Fact is, LR's D did have a lot of trouble with UNCP's young O-Line and Sophomore QB, and yes, the Braves were also dealing with some of their own key players being out with injuries . Now, lean in a little bit closer as I share a few facts about what you may face in the future. Valdosta State's well seasoned, big, and talented O-Line has around twice as many upperclassmen as the young UNCP team. So their very talented double threat QB just may have all day to throw to the Blazers stable of excellent WR's along with their RBs slipping out of the back field, when he's not rambling down the field on his own. VSU's Redshirt Junior QB Rogan Wells presently has 2,121 yards passing with a completion rate of right at 74%, and 563 yards rushing, averaging 8.3 yards a carry.

Before the last grains of hope slips through your fingers, just a reminder that the Blazers torched the Bears (even after calling the dogs off) less than a year ago 61-21 and outgunning the over matched LR team 597 to 319 in total yards.

So, while the Bear's offense has done pretty well this season, thus far, and you pointing that out just impresses the he// out of me, I don't believe anyone needs a Nastrodumbazz crystal ball to predict what this year's potential match up may entail.

Have fun this Saturday against the Indians, and enjoy the moment. Congratulations on your good regular season, and best of luck in the Playoffs, also keep posting, cause I ain't going nowhere;)
        The performance against us might have saved Pembroke Coach Shane's job. Word was he was a step or two away from being given his walking papers. You know I was thinking, Coach Shane knows this SAC conference very well. If he got canned he could apply for the Catawba job and be a front runner to replace Coach Curtis who, no doubt, is headed for the exit.

I'd pay to see that Hallmark Movie!
        Da Bears

Comment

How overwhelmingly devastating! Being incorrect in guessing the final rankings of the conference during the preseason, and having the Bears 2 positions away from where they will probably finish. Fact is, I'm actually way too flattered to be eating crow in knowing that you study and take my preseason prediction post as possibly being the absolute gospel. Now here's a real shocker, are you ready......I've been wrong before, and there's even a chance (a small one) that I will be wrong again sometime in the future.

Now here's a challenge for you, use your own Nastrodumbazz crystal ball and give everyone your prediction as to which 2 teams who you really think will face each other in the NCAA D2 Football Championship game? You see, I'm actually giving you a big break in not asking who you think will ultimately be this year's D2 Football Champion. Let's see what you got.

Comment

Comment

LOL, weak sauce, ya got nothing.

Again, who's your picks for the D2 finals?

Comment

Depends on how they seed the final four. Plus some teams are switching regions. One team I will predict for final four is Tarlton State.

Comment

I think tarleton is the #1 ranked team in my national rankings, but theres 3 teams in that region that'll give them some trouble. Especially if Mankato gets homefield

Comment

Tarleton seems to be the favorite but they have probably the toughest region. I think Valdosta gets upset in SR2, and Slippery Rock is a team to watch. Ferris is likely a popular pick as well.

Comment

-I've had Slippery Rock as my #1 in SR1 since Week 5. The PSAC championship game should be an outstanding battle between them and the Fighting Andre Reed's. Even though they have looked sluggish at times and lost to Glenville State, as long as Jaleel McLaughlin can be healthy I give Notre Dame a shot as well.

-Valdosta to me is still the team to beat in SR2. I think the Bears are better than last year, but the Blazers haven't lost much if any of a step. Outside of those two, West Florida is a dark horse if they get in. But obviously, like my Lenoir-Rhyne and Wingate friends and their teams, I'll be pulling for my Eagles if they make the party. Would be interesting if they got moved to another region. ROAD TRIP!!!

-I've had Ferris as my #1 in SR3 I think since the season started. They are one of very few teams that can make a deep playoff run without their #1 QB (Jayru). I like Central Missouri alot, but worry about them if they lose on Saturday to Northwest. Ouachita is oddly an under the radar team, but I'll take the big guys from the MIAA or GLIAC. Look for Harding to be a pest too.

- SR4 might be the deepest IMO of legitimate national title contenders, with 4 teams currently ranked in my top 9. Tarleton, Mankato, Mines and Pueblo are all very very good. Tarleton can score at will, scoring at least 30 in every game this year including 42+ in 7 games. MSU has a very good defense this year, only giving up more than 17 points twice, and holding opponents to single digits 7 times thus far. Mines scores at will as well and even has a little defense this year. A Mines-Tarleton matchup would be in the 70's. Pueblo's defense is great per usual looking at the schedule.

Comment

As a GSC-er who visits SAC daily, I'm so glad to finally see some sustained conversation on your board!!

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                          Valdosta to me is still the team to beat in SR2.
                          Agree 100%, call it a gut feeling. Maybe Wingate in the second round?

To explain more, I think they're still a championship caliber team, but they aren't as explosive as last year, a team like Wingate is very good at controlling position, if they can keep the VSU offensive off the field with long drives and keep it close, turnovers and penalties will decide it. I think LR could do it too, maybe WF because of familiarity.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X