Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ineligible players for Valdosta and West Florida

Will their be any consequences for these mistakes?

Highly doubt it.

Comment

They bumped Ferris to a 2 seed last year for something similar. I doubt they even do that here though.

Comment

Bowie had a 6th year QB start for like half the season in 2015. The small fraction of points the NCAA penalized them for at best dropped them from a 5 to a 6 seed in the playoffs that year.

The ineligible player rule is a joke in D2.

Comment

Bad news for some. The NCAA punishments have been laid out and this (impeachment of VSU ) changes nothing for the Blazers moving forward in the NCAA Football Playoffs.

http://vsuspectator.com/2019/11/08/r...ayer-gsc-says/

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
            Bad news for some. The NCAA punishments have been laid out and this (impeachment of VSU ) changes nothing for the Blazers moving forward in the NCAA Football Playoffs.

http://vsuspectator.com/2019/11/08/r...ayer-gsc-says/
            They're literally basically being told "BAD."

Comment

I'll have to refresh my memory on it but there is a "nullification" process that the committee can apply which can impact a team's ranking but when I have seen it applied in the past, its actually been a fairly light penalty. The most recent ones I can think of are the Bowie State situation that LegalRam mentioned and Ferris State last year. It didn't really cost either team very much. In Valdosta's case, if they do face some penalties during the selection process, it could be enough to drop them 1 to 2 and that could be very significant for SAC fans. We'll see if anything is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post
                I'll have to refresh my memory on it but there is a "nullification" process that the committee can apply which can impact a team's ranking but when I have seen it applied in the past, its actually been a fairly light penalty. The most recent ones I can think of are the Bowie State situation that LegalRam mentioned and Ferris State last year. It didn't really cost either team very much. In Valdosta's case, if they do face some penalties during the selection process, it could be enough to drop them 1 to 2 and that could be very significant for SAC fans. We'll see if anything is done.
                If you want to wade through it: https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...iplesChart.pdf

Basically using an ineligible player reduces W-L record numbers and SOS numbers. It is relatively small for football because of the large number of players used in a game. Since the penalty is assessed for the number of contests using an ineligible athlete, the number of games using the ineligible athlete can make a big difference...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X