Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who plays who in region two?

Do to the revamped travel rules. How does pairing look for playoffs?

That's a good question. I'm not entirely sure, but I'd give InkBlot a day or 2 and he will have the bracketology thread updated.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
      That's a good question. I'm not entirely sure, but I'd give InkBlot a day or 2 and he will have the bracketology thread updated.

Comment

Pretty sure CN would have to play Bowie as they played both Wingate and LR AND are the only traveling team in SR2 that is within 600 miles of Bowie.

Comment

Bowie State will be one of the interesting ones to keep an eye on because they have proximity to several SR1 schools. Based on the new process for first round matchups, Bowie State could end up hosting a team like Shepherd or West Chester. Its possible that Carson-Newman could end up playing at Notre Dame or Slippery Rock or IUP. All three of those schools are within busing distance and would avoid the Eagles playing a rematch with LR or Wingate.

West Florida is interesting too because the only schools within busing distance that are currently in position to host them are Valdosta, Carson-Newman and Wingate. The Argos have already played two them, so if Wingate remains in the top 4 and West Florida is 5, 6, or 7 I'm guessing you'll see them play in round 1.

At this point we're just guessing. Its really hard to say how the teams will be paired in the first round. This is new territory for the selection committee.

Comment

For reference, here's the info direct from NCAA.org about the bracketing and how teams 5-7 are "unseeded": https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...Initiative.pdf
            Looks like they just want to minimize flights. Per the travel policy all team sports that are within 600 miles will take ground transportation.
            https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...elPolicies.pdf

If the rankings hold as is below is a grid of distance between schools. I have excluded the #1 seeds since they have a bye. Host institutions across the top, travel "unseeded" teams on the left.
            Less than 600 miles is green for driving. Over 600 miles is red for flights, which the NCAA will look to minimize.

In SR2, West Florida at Bowie State is the only one that is over the 600 mile limit. West Florida to Wingate is 598, but that's so close depending on what part of the city you use, so I think just to avoid that debate in region I'd say West Florida goes to Lenoir-Rhyne. C-N goes back to Wingate and Virginia State goes to Bowie State, if you want to keep the mileage at a minimum. However a C-N at Bowie and VSU at Wingate wouldn't be surprising to mix it up. But this is if they keep it in-region.

SR1 travel teams can go to any SR1, so no need to jump out of region there. They can also drive to any SR2 host team if things start shaking up.

SR3 can drive within region so long as Indianapolis doesn't go to Ouachita Baptist.

SR4 is the wild card. All of them need flights except one, so I bet you can count on Augustana at Minnesota State. Otherwise does the NCAA suck it up and pay for the remaining flights, and just keep everyone in their own region? That seems logical, but you never if going out of region for one matchup and how that effects all the rest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D2_playoff_distance.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	452186

Comment

I do need to factor in Albany State, since they are on the cusp and could bump out Virginia State. If that happens, Albany St. goes to Wingate (388 miles) rather than Bowie St (769). Then C-N makes the 485 mile trip to Bowie State, while West Florida goes to Hickory.

If the travel teams are C-N, West Florida, and Albany State, and the committee keeps it in region and everyone drives, C-N is the only team that can drive to Bowie.

Comment

Good stuff, Maniac. Thanks!

Comment

If Albany State (or Miles) gets in via Earned Access, they have to play a #2 seed.

Comment

West Fla will play Wingate and the winner plays Valdosta. Bowie plays CN and the winner plays LR or Albany St.

Comment

Valdosta should not be given a # One seed for there ineligible player situation. Ferris State had similar situation last year and was dropped down from a one seed as a form of penalty. WF is not being penalized either for same rules infractions.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
                        West Fla will play Wingate and the winner plays Valdosta. Bowie plays CN and the winner plays LR or Albany St.
                        +1

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
                          Valdosta should not be given a # One seed for there ineligible player situation. Ferris State had similar situation last year and was dropped down from a one seed as a form of penalty. WF is not being penalized either for same rules infractions.
                          Its not exactly the same. From what I've heard its the other schools fault not theirs. If that's the case, I don't blame them.

I would LOVE for Valdosta to come to Hickory. The attendance at that game would be incredible.

Comment

CN is beating the brakes off Tusculum. 28 to zip at half.hopefully eagles keep up intensity

Comment

Yawn...Tusculum finally gets something going when the 3rd stringers are in. But the eagles held them to 52 yards of offense going into the 4th.

This is how they can play and boy I've loved it. Eagles on the right path going into the playoffs.

49 to 13 final and the Eagles coasted in the 4th. Could have scored 60

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X