Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadarican Week 11 Regional Rankings

Final Week of the Regular Season is here already! Wow, this season has blown by fast!!

Remember that the ranking to the left is where I have them regionally, and the number in parenthesis is where the official regional rankings have the teams ranked.

SUPER REGION ONE
    TOP 7

1. Slippery Rock (2)
    2. Kutztown (1)
    3. IUP (4)
    4. Notre Dame (3)
    5. Tiffin (8)
    6. Shepherd (5)
    7. West Chester (7)

NEXT 3
    8. Cal U. (NR)
    9. Ohio Dominican (10)
    10. Findlay (NR)

MISSED
    8 for 10 in SR1 this week. Missed on West Virginia State (6) and Urbana (9), but I have Cal and Findlay in my Top 10. The Yellow Jackets and Blue Knights come in at #17 and #18 for me. West Virginia State I missed horribly on.

SUPER REGION TWO
    TOP 7

1. Valdosta State (1)
    2. Lenoir-Rhyne (2)
    3. Bowie State (3)
    4. West Florida (6)
    5. Wingate (4)
    6. Carson-Newman (5)
    7. Virginia State (7)

NEXT 3
    8. Virginia Union (NR)
    9. Fayetteville State (10)
    10. Delta State (8)

MISSED
    9 for 10 this week. Missed on having Albany State (9) in my poll by having Virginia Union. Apologies to my friends at ASU, who are currently 11th for me. No idea why they dropped but I'll look into it.

SUPER REGION THREE
    TOP 7

1. Ferris State (1)
    2. Ouachita Baptist (3)
    3. Central Missouri (2)
    4. Northwest Missouri (6)
    5. Harding (4)
    6. Indianapolis (5)
    7. Grand Valley (8)

NEXT 3
    8. Henderson State (7)
    9. Fort Hays (NR)
    10. Truman State (NR)

MISSED
    8 for 10 this week, missing on Fort Hays and Truman State instead of Lindenwood (9) and Missouri Western (10). The Griffons of Missouri Western barely missed the cut. I have them at #11 in SR3. Lindenwood is currently ranked 17th for me, despite some impressive wins.

SUPER REGION FOUR
    TOP 7

1. Tarleton State (1)
    2. Minnesota State (2)
    3. Colorado Mines (3)
    4. CSU-Pueblo (4)
    5. Texas A&M-Commerce (6)
    6. Angelo State (7)
    7. Augustana (5)

NEXT 3
    8. Sioux Falls (8)
    9. West Texas A&M (NR)
    10. Dixie State (10)

MISSED
    9 for 10 this week, missing on West Texas A&M instead of Winona State (9). The Warriors are currently ranked 12th overall in SR4 in Canadarican rankings.

So overall I have 34 of the 40 teams in the Top 40 correct. Slight step down from last week I believe. Thank you folks for reading all year. I will come out with a final regional ranking next Thursday despite the field already being released to see how many of the playoff teams I would correctly have. And like last year I will have my Top 25 come out after the season ends.

Was it weighted OWP that led you to place West Florida at #4 in SR2? It is higher than both Wingate and Carson-Newman but Wingate has the better record and Carson-Newman has the head to head win over UWF.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post
      Was it weighted OWP that led you to place West Florida at #4 in SR2? It is higher than both Wingate and Carson-Newman but Wingate has the better record and Carson-Newman has the head to head win over UWF.
      I don't have my spreadsheet in front of me so I can't give you an exact answer Chuck. I want to say that West Florida was rated significantly higher than Wingate and Carson-Newman in 4 of the 6 main "things" I use in my rankings.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X