Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenoir-Rhyne, Wingate and Carson-Newman make D2 playoff field

This is a special day for the South Atlantic Conference. Three teams earned spots in the D2 Football Championship field. Here are the first round matchups.

Miles at #2 Lenoir-Rhyne
    West Florida at #4 Wingate
    Carson-Newman at #3 Bowie State

#1 seed Valdosta State will be idle in the first round.

I am happy to see this. The SAC is really coming on strong. Usually, it is the GSC, that has 3 teams. This is good for D2. Congrats SAC!!
    <>

Comment

Great day for the SAC, tough draw for Wingate. LR wins easily so long as they bring their A game, I like CNs chances too, they're a tough matchup with their unique offense and the best team Bowie will have seen all season, just can't turn it over.

All 3 sac teams very deserving, have beaten everyone but each other.

Comment

Congratulations Eagles, Bulldogs, and Bears!!

Comment

Would love to see all three SAC teams win. Would also love to see us play Wingate again between the bricks. Probably be over 12 thousand at that one.

Comment

3 SAC Teams, 2 GSC Teams, 1 CIAA Team & 1 SIAA team. Every conference in SR2 in tournament. Seems like every game will get harder than the last.game. Hope your team wins almost as many games as my team,

Comment

Awesome year for the SAC--good luck to the schools representing us! Gonna be a multiple browser window type of Saturday.

Comment

Forecast for all 3 SAC games is rain, rain, and more rain. Passing should be harder, good for LR, probably good for Wingate, Carson Newman and Bowie both have good run O and D, might lead to turnovers for the Eagles though.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post
                  Forecast for all 3 SAC games is rain, rain, and more rain. Passing should be harder, good for LR, probably good for Wingate, Carson Newman and Bowie both have good run O and D, might lead to turnovers for the Eagles though.
                  Fair point. I wish it was wrong but I will say Most of the Eagles fumbles this year have been on a failure to execute the pitch or not pulling the ball fast enough. Tyler Thackerson (from 2 starts) seems to be a little more consistent at that than Evan's. Not sure if Derrick is back for playoff game.I think the potential of bad weather gives the Eagles a slight advantage because everyone (outside of BSU folks) and the stats show Bowies qb isnt very efficient throwing.

Right now I'm feeling the Bears of LR will be the only home team in SR2 to win saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Fair point. I wish it was wrong but I will say Most of the Eagles fumbles this year have been on a failure to execute the pitch or not pulling the ball fast enough. Tyler Thackerson (from 2 starts) seems to be a little more consistent at that than Evan's. Not sure if Derrick is back for playoff game.I think the potential of bad weather gives the Eagles a slight advantage because everyone (outside of BSU folks) and the stats show Bowies qb isnt very efficient throwing.

Right now I'm feeling the Bears of LR will be the only home team in SR2 to win saturday.
                    There's a good chance you're right. CN just has to hold onto the ball, I agree about their passing ability, I'd much rather face them than CN in the second round, I think LR is a huge mismatch for them. That said, Bowie does seem to surprise everyone every year.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Bowie's QB has the 3rd best passing efficiency in the region.

Comment

Originally posted by stillabulldog View Post

Bowie's QB has the 3rd best passing efficiency in the region.
                        His efficiency rating is about 2 points lower than evans from CN.

Comment

Rain coming down hard at Wingate. Steady drizzle in Hickory right now. Likely to rain throughout both games.

Comment

CN 17 BOWIE 9--FINAL

Comment

Eagle defense did the job today. Offense started to get in a rhythm late which was great to see, and scored when it needed, but the defense is the star of this game! Way to go Eagles. Rematch in Hickory...

Not to go unnoticed, Wimbush over 1000 yds rushing for the season!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X