Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR v CN the rematch

How does the second go around in this lovely conference rivalry look going into the weekend? Looks like the weather will be nice and CN coming off a big road win seems to have some momentum. Anyone wanna talk about the game?!

CN has yet to prove they can keep us under 30 points. They'll have to do that to have a shot, plus have a good day through the air. May be more competitive, but I like our chances.

Rain is still a possibility, especially later in the game.

Comment

I've seen that looking into this game a little more.. but this is also now the 3rd time in the last two years they will have seen you guys. Difficult to beat a good team that many times in a row. Just curious as to thoughts on what LR needs to do to advance. I enjoy watching their style of play and hope to see them in the final 4 this year!

Comment

Been pointed out before, but takibg care of the football. CN has to not turn the ball over. That's what killed them last time was 3 or 4 turnovers and spotting LR a 16 to 0 lead in the 1st quarter. Cant do that anytime much less against a good football team. Throwing the ball too as mentioned. They had success against Bowie, then just quit doing it. Eagles had some success throwing against LR in 1st matchup.

Based on what some of the LR posters have said recently, I dont think they are worried at all and give the Eagles no chance. Already getting ready for Valdosta ;) JK.

Comment

Originally posted by D2FootballFanatic View Post
          I've seen that looking into this game a little more.. but this is also now the 3rd time in the last two years they will have seen you guys. Difficult to beat a good team that many times in a row. Just curious as to thoughts on what LR needs to do to advance. I enjoy watching their style of play and hope to see them in the final 4 this year!
          True, but we've also seen them and their offense somewhat relies on the other team being uncomfortable with it as well, and we beat Wingate the 3rd time earlier this year. CN has something like 12 turnovers in the past two games against us so above hit it pretty much perfectly. I still think LR wins if the turnover battle is even, but the way we lose is giving up the ball to the Eagles. A glance at the scoreboard of the Miles game doesn't show it, but we could've scored 50+ had we not had so many turnovers in that game, they also wouldn't have gone over 100 yards. CN is a much better team and will be able to take better advantage of that.

If Carson Newman comes out and tries to win the game on the ground LR pulls away and wins double digits, if they air it out some and cut back on turnovers this should be a good one.

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
          Based on what some of the LR posters have said recently, I dont think they are worried at all and give the Eagles no chance. Already getting ready for Valdosta ;) JK.
          Not so much not worried at all, we are just confident in our chances. Based on the past two games CN has the talent to compete with us, but I'm not sure ya'll can do it for a full 60 minutes. That and based on CN's history in big games you'll probably give us the ball in FG range 3 times or so. You are right about Valdosta though, we have been talking about/preparing for that game since before the season began, we CANNOT look ahead to it.

Comment

Comment

Just to inject some excitement into this one.

They also referred to LR as overrated and cocky and stated that they would've beaten us if there were 5 quarters. Also, they were apparently aware of "5 non playoff Carson Newman teams that could beat this LR team."

Comment

Comment

"...the team that scores the most points, is probably going to win this game."

-John Madden

Comment

John Madden was the best at many things for many years. The All Madden Team was always great.

Comment

Well that was fun. I'm done. Pathetic to watch a team with so much talent crap the bed in the 3 biggest games this year. Congrats to the bears. Eagles making it easy for ya. Hopefully you can rest up for next week lol.

Comment

West Florida leads #1 Valdosta State 17-7 at the half. If that holds, LR/CN winner would be the host next week. Would be wild if that was Carson-Newman and a rematch played out on that field. Loooong way to go in the GSC game though.
                        * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                        * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                        * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                          West Florida leads #1 Valdosta State 17-7 at the half. If that holds, LR/CN winner would be the host next week. Would be wild if that was Carson-Newman and a rematch played out on that field. Loooong way to go in the GSC game though.
                          You wont have to worry about that. CN looks completely unprepared. You cannot make foolish mistakes against good teams, especially one like LR who is not going to beat themselves.

Comment

Comment

Braxton Westfield is a man. But he needs to have more discipline

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X