Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job, Chuck! This should be a great football game.
    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post

Haha, maybe we should start artificially heating our stadiums to August temperatures down in the south, just to even things up.
      When northern teams start artificially cooling their stadiums - go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post

Yes, but thats the number the committee has used almost exclusively, so unless that changes I expect LR to be seeded higher. The only other way they could justify it other than the eye test is if they just say Minn St is a 1 and LR is a 2, but thats not that fair considering LR is only a 2 because of Valdosta. Plus, if all the 1 seeds win putting LR as the 3 would send the Bears on a bus ride, not a jet.
        This is fun, but has it crossed your mind that you may actually lose? If for no other reason than the old JINX Factor, I might wait to predict seeding, travel, etc until that large lady in the
        temporary seats sings.

Comment

Comment

Watching the game...we NEED to make changes in defense for the next half. We can't trade scores with this team. They are too good and we looked like we came out with an attitude. Our coaches need to get these boys heads on straight!!

Comment

Well Bears, congratulations on keeping it close. With this being such a big game, kinda disappointed in seeing so many empty seats in the stands.

Best of luck Argos moving forward in representing the Southeast!!!

Comment

Congrats to UWF, too many mistakes today for LR, almost pulled it off though. Not sure what game Eagle74 was watching, there were plenty of fans, more than when we beat CN, and they were very involved in cheering on the Bears. Good luck to the remaining 4 teams. Looking forward to next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 87Bear View Post
                  Congrats to UWF, too many mistakes today for LR, almost pulled it off though. Not sure what game Eagle74 was watching, there were plenty of fans, more than when we beat CN, and they were very involved in cheering on the Bears. Good luck to the remaining 4 teams. Looking forward to next year.
                  Yeah, the LR announcers said it was standing room only! It looked like a large crowd.

Comment

Yes it was a tough loss. Great season Bears. Kickoff return for a TD and our pass defense was the difference. Should be a another shoot out if you Argos go to Slippery Rock. Good luck in the final four. Another great crowd between the bricks and pretty close to a full house with all the fans standing along the rails as we call it.

Comment

I believe I saw on the UWF Football twitter feed that the Argos are going to Ferris State -- damn, that'll be a challenge!! Hats off the the Bears for coming strong and keeping the game in check. A few times I thought the Argos were primed for a blowout, but you guys clawed back each time -- until the clock became an additional foe. Helluva game!

Comment

Comment

Good game WF, too many mistakes on our part, especially early. Good luck the rest of the way!

Now... can we keep Cronic?

Comment

Originally posted by Cohibra45 View Post
                            Watching the game...we NEED to make changes in defense for the next half. We can't trade scores with this team. They are too good and we looked like we came out with an attitude. Our coaches need to get these boys heads on straight!!
                            I must congratulate you on your "vision skills". They certainly exceed mine. I've never seen a video feed with more missed plays( A LOT of them we ALMOST saw)
                            Announcers were VERY objective and until the one guy left at halftime, every play was called as objectively (even the warts) as I've seen.

Except for some "slight errors" relating to UWF bio info:ARGOS not ARGILES)
                            (stadium is NOT on The Gulf of Mexico, but on Pensacola Bay.....no PAT has ever landed in the Gulf from Wahoo Stadium)

Broadcast was(video not so much) very enjoyable.
                            Great looking College Town

Comment

Sorry to see the SAC season end yesterday. The Bears could have won that game but West Florida earned it. For anyone interested, here is my photo album.

Lenoir-Rhyne v. West Florida (Playoffs)

Comment

Originally posted by 87Bear View Post
                                "Not sure what game Eagle74 was watching, there were plenty of fans, more than when we beat CN, and they were very involved in cheering on the Bears."
                                "Yeah, the LR announcers said it was standing room only! It looked like a large crowd."

Yep, no doubt about it, the announcers said a lot of things yesterday;) Far from standing room only. Unless the new stands are drastically smaller than the old 8,500 capacity numbers, the stadium's attendance yesterday of 3,944 was not anywhere near capacity (check the official box score).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X