Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Fla. vs LR

Should be a great regional championship game between two similar type teams. Bears have been tough to handle because of their discipline in procedures of assignments. They will need to come out full throttle for chance at hosting a final four game between the bricks. Would love to see NWMS come here if we win.

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
    Should be a great regional championship game between two similar type teams. Bears have been tough to handle because of their discipline in procedures of assignments. They will need to come out full throttle for chance at hosting a final four game between the bricks. Would love to see NWMS come here if we win.
    I am curious as to how the home team is decided in the national semi-final games? By rank, strength of schedule, record or something else?
    It's a great day to be a Bear!

Comment

Good question but by previous rankings we should be home again.

Comment

The same way that the playoffs are decided. OWP, SOS, and win percentage. Travel expenses are also taken into account. If the higher seed wins every game, we will NOT be at home, and would likely travel to Slippery Rock. In order to get a home game we will need either Slippery Rock or Ferris to lose, we should beat out Minnesota State but it's possible we will need 2 of those 3 to lose.

Let's win this week first! Go Bears!

Comment

I think the big question is will LRU beat West Florida by 70 points or will it be 80 points?
          * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
          * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
          * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

LOL
            Those ole Chicken Counters!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post
                The same way that the playoffs are decided. OWP, SOS, and win percentage. Travel expenses are also taken into account. If the higher seed wins every game, we will NOT be at home, and would likely travel to Slippery Rock. In order to get a home game we will need either Slippery Rock or Ferris to lose, we should beat out Minnesota State but it's possible we will need 2 of those 3 to lose.

Let's win this week first! Go Bears!

I'm not sure you will be out Minnesota St.. if Ferris St and Minnesota St win they would in my estimation be the #1 and #2 seeds in the final four. If you do not think Minn St is the real deal, just look at what they did to CSUP this weekend.

Plus do not overlook a UWF team that just beat VSU and although a young program, has had some great success in the playoffs.

Comment

Comment

This should be one heck of a game! No doubt that Coach Shinnick will have the Argos very well prepared for the Bears. LR needs to be at the top of their game with a very limited number of turnovers. Also, LR needs to put more fans in the seats than what were on hand for the CN game. CN brought a decent crowd of fans and the attendance was still only around 2,500. I know it was Thanksgiving week, but other college games had pretty good crowds on hand for their games. Show your support, the players deserve it!

Not that it makes any difference, but here's a couple of comparisons:

West Florida has 17 linemen that top the scales at 300+ lbs, the Bears have 3.

LR has around 11 college transfers, the Argonauts have 51.

Comment

Does anyone know who goes where for the final four? If WF wins where would they go? If LR wins do they host ND or Slippery or could NWMS be sent here. I figure WF would travel regardless of the other games outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
                        Does anyone know who goes where for the final four? If WF wins where would they go? If LR wins do they host ND or Slippery or could NWMS be sent here. I figure WF would travel regardless of the other games outcome.
                        There is a thread on the general discussion on this. Basically multiple folks guesstimating who goes where and why.

Obviously no one knows for sure, but InkBlot was pretty close on the final regional rankings.

Comment

No one can afford to look ahead from a competitive point of view, but logistically, I get it. Its only natural to want to speculate on what could happen for semi finals. As a fan, you want to at least be aware of the possibilities for travel purposes. Reseeding the final four is good for getting the best two teams into the finals, but it does make it harder for fans to prepare. Its not about assuming your team will win, its about preparing for the possibility of making airline, hotel and car rental arrangements with about 4 days to pull it together. If you're mentally preparing yourself to do that, I won't accuse you of assuming your team will win.

Comment

Hard to tell exactly what the powers that be will do, but if the #1 seeds win then the winner of SR2 will probably travel. If it's West Florida, they will definitely travel. If (as in 2017) only 1 #1 seed makes it and LR wins, I would think you would have a really good chance to host.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X