Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D2FootballFanatic View Post

I'm not sure you will be out Minnesota St.. if Ferris St and Minnesota St win they would in my estimation be the #1 and #2 seeds in the final four. If you do not think Minn St is the real deal, just look at what they did to CSUP this weekend.

Plus do not overlook a UWF team that just beat VSU and although a young program, has had some great success in the playoffs.
    Oh I think Minn State is the real deal, they just have a lower SOS than LR does, thats why I believe we have the edge there.

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
    I think the big question is will LRU beat West Florida by 70 points or will it be 80 points?
    Probably more like 90.

Comment

I'm a LONG TIME GSC-er (even before it was the GSC) but I've always followed the SAC. The SAC is a unique conference and through a LOT of limitations, always seems to show up when it really matters.

Comment

How do these two teams match up? Anyone wanna talk about the game? LR a run first team, do not know a lot about UWF but saw how easily they seemed to move the ball at the end of the game against VSU. UWF a heavy pass team? How does LR match up with that? Curious about this one.

Comment

How do these two teams match up? Anyone wanna talk about the game? LR a run first team, do not know a lot about UWF but saw how easily they seemed to move the ball at the end of the game against VSU. UWF a heavy pass team? How does LR match up with that? Curious about this one.
          We've been, we'll say debating this haha, in the GSC section. If you want opinions from both sides you should check there, but to summarize...

LR fans believe we will be able to stop WF from scoring enough points to outscore us, and do not think they can matchup with us defensively. We expect a high scoring game, as WF does have the receivers to take advantage of LR's largest weakness, which is deep pass defense with large WRs. LR fans also believe their freshman QB may have some problems when he is continuously hit by Artis & Co.

WF fans believe that they will be able to use their size at WR to spread out the LR defense, then use the run game combine with the pass game to wear us down. They believe that they will be able to use their size to matchup defensively with us and slow down/stop our offense, as they've had success against the run this year.

Hard to predict this one there isn't many similar opponents to use for comparison, only CN and Valdosta, but that was to start the season, and last season.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post

We've been, we'll say debating this haha, in the GSC section. If you want opinions from both sides you should check there, but to summarize...

LR fans believe we will be able to stop WF from scoring enough points to outscore us, and do not think they can matchup with us defensively. We expect a high scoring game, as WF does have the receivers to take advantage of LR's largest weakness, which is deep pass defense with large WRs. LR fans also believe their freshman QB may have some problems when he is continuously hit by Artis & Co.

WF fans believe that they will be able to use their size at WR to spread out the LR defense, then use the run game combine with the pass game to wear us down. They believe that they will be able to use their size to matchup defensively with us and slow down/stop our offense, as they've had success against the run this year.

Hard to predict this one there isn't many similar opponents to use for comparison, only CN and Valdosta, but that was to start the season, and last season.
            I would have to say that sums it up pretty darn well. Now we just have to wait and see if either of the fan bases is even remotely close to what actually happens in the game Saturday. Hoping for a well played, hard fought injury free game.

Comment

QUOTE " Oh I think Minn State is the real deal, they just have a lower SOS than LR does, thats why I believe we have the edge there".

I'm trying to figure out this SOS comparison. Aside from a win over the CIAA's Virginia Union, Lenoir Rhyne has only defeated 2 teams in the regular season who had winning records. The SAC had 3 teams that finished the regular season with winning records. Minnesota State (11-0) defeated 6 teams with winning records The NSIC had 9 teams that finished the season with winning records.

Comment

Good question but we defeated three ranked teams during the regular season.

Comment

Also if the SAC consisted of 12 teams there would be more teams with a winning record.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
                    Good question but we defeated three ranked teams during the regular season.
                    The Mavericks also beat what was the #12 team in the nation at the time 52-7.. they had wins over teams that were receiving votes all year in Augustana, Sioux Falls, and Winona St., not to mention they just beat the #9 team in the country 35-7 in the second round of the playoffs. They have a good SOS and the NSIC gets a bad reputation because they play the Silo schedule and the conference won't let them schedule OOC opponents. Believe me Mankato has asked in the past to have an open weekend or two to schedule OOC opponents.

I believe when they reseed for the Final 4 the playoff games are added to the SOS metric. Will definitely be interesting to see what they do if the three 1's and LR advance. Will they go with a true Final 4 or will they take the cheap route and pair Ferris v Minn St and LR v Slippery Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                      QUOTE " Oh I think Minn State is the real deal, they just have a lower SOS than LR does, thats why I believe we have the edge there".

I'm trying to figure out this SOS comparison. Aside from a win over the CIAA's Virginia Union, Lenoir Rhyne has only defeated 2 teams in the regular season who had winning records. The SAC had 3 teams that finished the regular season with winning records. Minnesota State (11-0) defeated 6 teams with winning records The NSIC had 9 teams that finished the season with winning records.
                      I'm using Uwfalum98's information pulled from NCAA.com in the general discussion section for this info, which currently has LR above Minn St, and would keep us one spot ahead even if both teams win this weekend.

Will definitely be interesting to see what they do if the three 1's and LR advance. Will they go with a true Final 4 or will they take the cheap route and pair Ferris v Minn St and LR v Slippery Rock.
                      I HIGHLY suspect they will go with the cheaper option, sending LR to Slippery Rock as the 3 seed and saving the money for a flight. I think the Rock is in trouble anyways though, and Ferris may lose as well. UWF and LR is a toss up, I'd say slight edge to LR in my best attempt to not be biased. I like Minn St's chances over Commerce the best out of any of the games.

Comment

QUOTE: "Also if the SAC consisted of 12 teams there would be more teams with a winning record."

With that being said, based on percentages, over half of the NSIC teas had winning records, while (especially if you include alliance member UNCP) the SAC had less than a third of their teams finish with a winning record.

Comment

Slippery Rock should be coming to LR if both win. We are both two seeds and LR is ranked higher than SR. In both polls. NDC is a three seed and has a loss. I think LR IF we win should be a two or three seed. Two seed if Commerce wins and a one seed if last four are NDC Tex NWMS LR. Same would apply if Rock wins.

Comment

Slippery Rock should be coming to LR if both win. We are both two seeds and LR is ranked higher than SR. In both polls. NDC is a three seed and has a loss. I think LR IF we win should be a two or three seed. Two seed if Commerce wins and a one seed if last four are NDC Tex NWMS LR. Same would apply if Rock wins.
                            Rock is a 1 seed and the coaches poll doesn't matter, their SOS, SOR, and OWP are higher than ours, and will remain that way. I really don't think they're going to anyways though, but we'll see. We also need Ferris or MSU to lose to be comfortable that we'll get a home game. I think our chances are less than they are more.

On a side note, if WF wins, we'd probably get a true final 4 because everyone would be all over the country anyways.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post

Rock is a 1 seed and the coaches poll doesn't matter, their SOS, SOR, and OWP are higher than ours, and will remain that way. I really don't think they're going to anyways though, but we'll see. We also need Ferris or MSU to lose to be comfortable that we'll get a home game. I think our chances are less than they are more.

On a side note, if WF wins, we'd probably get a true final 4 because everyone would be all over the country anyways.
                                LR's SOS will be better than Minnesota State's, but not by much.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X