Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny I know for a fact over 6,000 tickets were sold before Saturday. Box score is off on attendance. Way off.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
      Funny I know for a fact over 6,000 tickets were sold before Saturday. Box score is off on attendance. Way off.
      That many tickets may have been committed for, but didn't apply to the true attendance both schools are reporting. The new home side stands (while nicer) appear to be much smaller than the ones that were tore down earlier this year, and even though the Argo's brought a nice crowd, there were clearly a lot of empty seats on the visitors side. Also, schools typically don't under report attendance numbers. All in all, 3,944 is not terrible, I was just hoping for a true full house for representation of D2 Playoff Football as seen by a lot of folks on the live video feeds, especially since it was nice weather. Ironically, the stadium's capacity at one time (years ago) was 9,500.

What would you say is the new capacity for Mortz Stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

That many tickets may have been committed for, but didn't apply to the true attendance both schools are reporting. The new home side stands (while nicer) appear to be much smaller than the ones that were tore down earlier this year, and even though the Argo's brought a nice crowd, there were clearly a lot of empty seats on the visitors side. Also, schools typically don't under report attendance numbers. All in all, 3,944 is not terrible, I was just hoping for a true full house for representation of D2 Playoff Football as seen by a lot of folks on the live video feeds, especially since it was nice weather. Ironically, the stadium's capacity at one time (years ago) was 9,500.

What would you say is the new capacity for Mortz Stadium?

Moretz Stadium is listed at 8,500 capacity. I have no idea who posted the total of 3,944, ( I know the box score should that total), but if the attendance total for the Wingate game was 10,000+ then the crowd last Saturday was minimum 7,000. I've been attending games at LR since the mid 60's and that was a large and loud crowd supporting our Bears. The video feed did not show the home side which was at capacity.

It's a great day to be a Bear!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X